News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass shooting in San Bernadino

Started by Syt, December 02, 2015, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I did like this.

http://news.yahoo.com/california-muslims-condemn-horrific-mass-shooting-062245604.html

QuoteCalifornia Muslims condemn 'horrific' mass shooting

California's Muslim community expressed its horror at the mass shooting that killed at least 14 in San Bernardino, after a local Muslim man was widely identified as a suspect.

Syed Farook, a US citizen who worked for the town's health department, is believed to have been killed in a shootout with police hours after opening fire inside a Christmas party at a local social services center.

Hussam Ayloush, executive director of the Los Angeles chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), said its members "unequivocally condemn the horrific act that happened today."

"The Muslim community stands shoulder to shoulder with our fellow Americans in repudiating any twisted mindset that would claim to justify such sickening acts of violence," he added in a statement.

Authorities have drawn no connection between the attack and radical Islam at this stage in the investigation.

Farook's brother-in-law, Farhan Kahn, came forward at the press conference to voice his shock at the notion his brother could have committed mass murder.

"I have no idea why he would do that," a visibly shaken Khan told reporters, adding that he had last spoken with Farook about a week ago.

"I am in shock that something like this could happen," said Khan, who is married to Farook's sister. "I am very sad that people lost their lives.

Farook's father, quoted by the New York Daily News tabloid, described his son as a devout Muslim.

"He was very religious. He would go to work, come back, go to pray, come back. He's Muslim."

Muzammil Siddiqi, the religious director of the Islamic Society of Orange County, also condemned the killings saying they were contrary to the teachings of Islam.

"We have condemned all violence everywhere because human life is precious," he said. "And we respect and honor human life."

According to local news reports Farook was employed by the San Bernardino County health department which is believed to have organized the party at the Inland Regional Center.

The attack on the party triggered a massive manhunt that ended when police shot dead two heavily armed suspects -- a man, believed to be Farook, and a woman -- on a quiet residential street
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I understand being shocked that he went & done it but surprised? Have you not heard what he was being preached, Farhan?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on December 03, 2015, 09:52:04 AM
Authorities have drawn no connection between the attack and radical Islam at this stage in the investigation.

The hedging here is quite weird. No conclusions have been reached yet, sure, but this suggests they are drawing no conclusion because there is no evidence not because they just have not really gotten their investigation going yet.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2015, 10:02:44 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 03, 2015, 09:52:04 AM

The hedging here is quite weird. No conclusions have been reached yet, sure, but this suggests they are drawing no conclusion because there is no evidence not because they just have not really gotten their investigation going yet.

I think that is your interpretation.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on December 03, 2015, 10:03:33 AM
I think that is your interpretation.

Um...Of course. My inability to read your mind prevents me from saying your interpretation.

:unsure:

If it needs clarifying things I type here are things I am thinking and not other non-me people.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

My point was that the problem wasn't with the copy, the problem was you. :P

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2015, 03:47:33 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on December 03, 2015, 03:41:53 AM
My completely amateur, arm-chair quarterbacking, baseless theory is that this was probably a dude who started getting caught up in Islamic fundamentalism (along with his babe), started stockpiling the assault gear with the idea that he might do something at some point...then got into a argument with coworkers at that party about Syria/Islam/radicalism/whatever and decided to go home and get his guns and his woman and do his micro-aggression-terrorism on his office party.

I like this.

Wonder how the Christmas party angle is going to play.

The Fox News take: not only is there an actual war on christmas going on, it just went hot.

Roger Ailes is probably getting wet.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on December 03, 2015, 10:10:24 AM
The Fox News take: not only is there an actual war on christmas going on, it just went hot.

Well I guess. But Muslims were not the people they were saying were waging the war on Christmas. Well except for Obama.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2015, 09:22:29 AM
Being ready in case the South rebels again is a pretty compelling justification  :hmm:

Satire is best when the object of the satire thinks it is flattery.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2015, 10:13:55 AM

Well I guess. But Muslims were not the people they were saying were waging the war on Christmas. Well except for Obama.

I doubt it will break their heart to promote muslims to a leadership role in the theoretical war on christmas.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2015, 10:13:55 AM

Yeah, but these were radical transgendered Muslims.
PDH!

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2015, 09:00:18 PM
Dead man and dead woman, lots of guns, lots of tactical gear with rumors of pipe bombs.  Breaching an address now with a po-po RV. 

I'm calling workplace violence, crazy white people-style, let's McVeigh this shit up.  Gang-related, a distant 2nd.   

Don't quit your day job.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2015, 12:57:16 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2015, 09:00:18 PM
Dead man and dead woman, lots of guns, lots of tactical gear with rumors of pipe bombs.  Breaching an address now with a po-po RV. 

I'm calling workplace violence, crazy white people-style, let's McVeigh this shit up.  Gang-related, a distant 2nd.   

Don't quit your day job.

Man no wrong speculating when Spicey is around.

Jaron

Even spiess will admit I think this attack does not fit the pattern of Islamic terrorism.

They didn't even mention Allah once! No videos, no beheading, no self detonations.

They attack their work place and disappear for four hours? Why not shoot up the local eateries? Or shoot people at random on the streets ?

They attack a very specific group of people and disappear. It SCREAMS of work place violence committed by an Mohammedian.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Yeah they fled the scene. If they had blown themselves up or locked themselves inside with hostages then I would have thought Islamists.