News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass shooting in San Bernadino

Started by Syt, December 02, 2015, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Good quality, level headed local reporting from a Mark Westwood from KCAA radio station, just gave a very informative extended interview on BBC America news.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on December 02, 2015, 10:07:57 PM
Good quality, level headed local reporting from a Mark Westwood from KCAA radio station, just gave a very informative extended interview on BBC America news.

Tells us squat
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on December 02, 2015, 10:09:11 PM

Tells us squat

Well I was commenting on the quality of his radio journalism, rather than the content, which now seems to have largely been reported in this thread.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on December 02, 2015, 10:14:50 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 02, 2015, 10:09:11 PM

Tells us squat

Well I was commenting on the quality of his radio journalism, rather than the content, which now seems to have largely been reported in this thread.

Ah
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Ok, I'm back from the hot tub and able to post coherently (it wasn't the alcohol, it was the lame iPhone). :sleep:

That's right, only knowing the guy's name we have no idea if he's an Islamic terrorist, or even a Muslim at all.  However, a big slice of whitebread MURICA is immediately going to jump to that conclusion so I kind of half-hope he is some ISIS operative, since from a political standpoint he'll be turned into one rhetorically and used to push the 'no Syrians' agenda which quite frankly I find sickening and totally un-American.  The politicians who have been selling that shit to the American people ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I actually have two acquaintances who are refugees from Islamic world violence; one is a friend's wife who is an Iraqi Chaldean Christian and who is the nicest person you could imagine (and also super HOTT  :cool: ), and the other is a Muslim Bosniak who wouldn't hurt a fly.  The problem in this country is that we have too few people who are exposed to immigrants from Muslim regions... or probably more accurately any immigrants at all... and so it's easy to imagine all are bad and intend to do harm, and in Kim Davis country the politicians who get sent to Washington feel compelled to pander to them, since as most of us know politicians' main interest is keeping themselves employed, not actually working toward the common good.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

There was man and woman team that shot up Walmart a few years back.  They got kicked out of the Clive Bundy "steal from the federal government" racist camp and then went on a rampage.  That's the most similar thing I can think of.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2015, 10:04:41 PM
Yeah him getting his brother and a lady friend to do it does add an unusual twist to the usual disgruntled employee script. But it is still possible.
I wonder if she was an active participant or just forced along for the ride. :hmm:  Were there any reports that she was definitely one of the shooters?

Valmy

Oh Cal I wish that was the case. I don't think so though. Being loaded with Latinos and going to school with them and living with them and having them at all levels of our society has not made everybody excited about Latino immigration. And they are basically western Christians.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2015, 10:23:17 PM
Oh Cal I wish that was the case. I don't think so though. Being loaded with Latinos and going to school with them and living with them and having them at all levels of our society has not made everybody excited about Latino immigration.
I am. :)  We have tons of Mexicans in our town and it's great.  Lots of authentic Mexican chow and a goodly number of hott broads too. :cool:

edit: also cheap gardeners

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2015, 10:00:18 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 02, 2015, 09:55:12 PM
Target is just weird. Even cdm christened white bread militias won't stoop that low.

Well, it's not like you'd have to chase anybody down.  I mean, not as far, maybe.   Or for very long.   We're not talking drafting at Bristol, is what I'm trying to say.   Hell, you know what I mean.
:huh: There is virtually no drafting at Bristol, you don't go fast enough there to draft.

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on December 02, 2015, 10:24:21 PM
Oh Cal I wish that was the case. I don't think so though. Being loaded with Latinos and going to school with them and living with them and having them at all levels of our society has not made everybody excited about Latino immigration.
I am. :)  We have tons of Mexicans in our town and it's great.  Lots of authentic Mexican chow and a goodly number of hott broads too. :cool:

A lot of under the table contractors too.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on December 02, 2015, 10:24:21 PM

Well I am to. But nothing makes the people rise up in rage like immigration reform.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on December 02, 2015, 10:25:13 PM
Target is just weird. Even cdm christened white bread militias won't stoop that low.

Well, it's not like you'd have to chase anybody down.  I mean, not as far, maybe.   Or for very long.   We're not talking drafting at Bristol, is what I'm trying to say.   Hell, you know what I mean.
:huh: There is virtually no drafting at Bristol, you don't go fast enough there to draft.

Thanks, Captain Sergei Buzzkill.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on December 02, 2015, 10:25:13 PM

DG knows NASCAR. :o