Free yoga class cancelled - is guilty of "cultural appropriation"

Started by Barrister, November 23, 2015, 03:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

KRonn

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 24, 2015, 02:01:09 PM
I don't care about yoga. But this better not affect the popularity of yoga pants.

Oh man, wearing the clothing would definitely be cultural appropriation!  Probably a major micro-aggression too.    ;)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 24, 2015, 02:01:09 PM
I don't care about yoga. But this better not affect the popularity of yoga pants.

Shit just got real. :mad:

Valmy

Yoga pants are not going anywhere guys. My wife wears them and she does not even do Yoga.

They might have to change the name to 'comfy pants' or something though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2015, 02:41:03 PM
Yoga pants are not going anywhere guys. My wife wears them and she does not even do Yoga.

Comfy describes sweat pants better.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Mindful Stretching Pants.
PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 24, 2015, 02:46:14 PM

Comfy describes sweat pants better.

I have been reliably informed yoga pants are comfier. I wear neither sweat pants nor yoga pants so cannot confirm or deny this. It might just be because it is Texas thus too hot to normally wear sweat pants.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Martinus

I practice yoga but I couldn't care less about the Indian culture. I also practice qabbalah but I couldn't care less about Orthodox Judaism.

Am I: cultural appropriator?  :ph34r:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2015, 02:54:10 PM
I practice yoga but I couldn't care less about the Indian culture. I also practice qabbalah but I couldn't care less about Orthodox Judaism.

Am I: cultural appropriator?  :ph34r:

Maybe.

KRonn

Yeah, need to change the name, for sure. Can't take a chance of offending any of the delicate flowers out there who may get a case of the vapors.    :boff:

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 24, 2015, 02:46:56 PM

Mindful Stretching Pants.

Won't work - no appropriate French translation.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Oexmelin

There was no need to appropriate yoga. Christian tradition is full of examples of mindful stretching.

Que le grand cric me croque !