News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shootings and explosions in Paris

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2015, 04:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2015, 11:01:02 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 18, 2015, 10:57:30 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 18, 2015, 10:28:49 AM
Quote from: Malthus on November 18, 2015, 10:06:07 AM

Are you literally asking God to solve their problems? And do you expect him to do so?

If so, I think you are rather unusual in that respect. Most Americans I know are willing to use the terminology, but have no such expectations.

Sometimes I'm specific, sometimes a more general "look out for so and so". You can't have expectations of God, all you can do is hope.

On what basis do you think God chooses those who will get divine aid and those that can just suffer.

By if enough people send up their pray power of course.

There is a progress bar that gets filled by the various prayers on the given topic, and filling it unlocks the achievement.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on November 18, 2015, 11:03:38 AM

Are you literally asking God to solve their problems? And do you expect him to do so?

If so, I think you are rather unusual in that respect. Most Americans I know are willing to use the terminology, but have no such expectations.

Sometimes I'm specific, sometimes a more general "look out for so and so". You can't have expectations of God, all you can do is hope.

On what basis do you think God chooses those who will get divine aid and those that can just suffer.

There is a progress bar that gets filled by the various prayers on the given topic, and filling it unlocks the achievement.

So if Godly power is granted does it take more prayer to get to the next ding?

Valmy

Ding! Arsenal will make that penalty kick now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2015, 11:02:16 AM
Wow Tim you are old school.

Well, someone has to be that grandparent in the future.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on November 18, 2015, 11:05:11 AM

Good point. But Tim has to have kids for that to happen.

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 18, 2015, 11:01:35 AM
I don't claim to be able to understand his plan.

BTW this is the weakest point in the act of praying. Twist it how you want, it means you think you are able to influence omnipotent God to change his mind.

I mean I KNOW in reality its a psychological thing to feel less out of control with what's happening in your life, but I mean the ideology put around it.

Richard Hakluyt

:thumbsup:

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on November 18, 2015, 11:08:02 AM
Twist it how you want, it means you think you are able to influence omnipotent God to change his mind.

I don't think that.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2015, 11:18:11 AM
Twist it how you want, it means you think you are able to influence omnipotent God to change his mind.

I don't think that.

yes you do.

Malthus

Quote from: Tamas on November 18, 2015, 11:23:32 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2015, 11:18:11 AM

I don't think that.

yes you do.

:lol:

This line of discussion has a short future ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2015, 11:05:42 AM
Quote from: Malthus on November 18, 2015, 11:05:11 AM

Good point. But Tim has to have kids for that to happen.

Well, Tim, what are you waiting for? Get reproducing.  ;)

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 18, 2015, 11:01:35 AM
I don't claim to be able to understand his plan.

BTW this is the weakest point in the act of praying. Twist it how you want, it means you think you are able to influence omnipotent God to change his mind.

I mean I KNOW in reality its a psychological thing to feel less out of control with what's happening in your life, but I mean the ideology put around it.

That's why I prefer casting spells.  :ph34r:

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on November 18, 2015, 11:23:32 AM
yes you do.

I pray to focus on what is important and clear my mind of all the shit. The only mind being changed is mine. God is always the same as they say.

Valmy