News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shootings and explosions in Paris

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2015, 04:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

One of the attackers used a Syrian passport to claim asylum in Greece in early October.

QuoteAccording to the Greek Public Order Minister Dimitris Toskas, the attacker found at the Stade de France who was found with a Syrian passport passed through the Greek island of Leros.

This happened in early October, under EU rules which mean migrants passing through must identify themselves.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11995541/Paris-terror-attacks-isil-suspects-arrests-victims-live.html#update-20151114-1626
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

Oh my god! One of them was a Syrian asylum seeker! Well that settles it, we better shoot all Syrians on sight just to be sure.
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Oh my god! One of them was a Syrian asylum seeker! Well that settles it, we better shoot all Syrians on sight just to be sure.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Cops are now allowed to keep their  police-issued guns at all times, i.e out of duty.

More from the Figaro.fr live feed:

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualites/2015/11/13/01001-20151113LIVWWW00406-fusillade-paris-explosions-stade-de-france.php#185435

QuoteDeux migrants, enregistrés en Grèce, sont recherchés par la police dans le cadre des attentats de Paris, selon la police grecque.

Two migrants, registered in Greece, are sought by the police as part of the investigation on the Paris attacks,  according to Greek police.

Source is a bit vague though.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Landmarks all over Europe being illuminated tonight with blue, white and red. :frog:

garbon

Good to see Charlie Hebdo staff keeping it classy. One of the cartoonists penned a quick bit for social media to point out that while people are sending their prayers, Paris doesn't need anymore religion in it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2015, 03:42:42 PM
Good to see Charlie Hebdo staff keeping it classy. One of the cartoonists penned a quick bit for social media to point out that while people are sending their prayers, Paris doesn't need anymore religion in it.

I hope you are not being sarcastic. That's an awesome response.

garbon

I think it is a dreadful response and the kind that I would expect from that puerile publication.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Seems a pretty common sentiment on Facebook/Twitter.

This is going around:
"Please don't pray for Paris. Think for Paris. Love for Paris. Laugh for Paris. Have sex for Paris. We've had enough religion for one night"
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2015, 03:54:54 PM
I think it is a dreadful response and the kind that I would expect from that puerile publication.

It is a wonderfully anti-clerical stance, their resolve knows no bound.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

This is what he said:
Friends from the whole world,
Thank you for #PrayForParis,
But we don't need more
Religion! Our faith goes
To Music! Kisses! Life!
Champagne and joy!
#ParisIsAboutLife

Doesn't look that dreadful to me  :huh:

Liep

I think it's an American vs. European thing here, we're much less used to religion actively used and people offering prayers are not common here.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Legbiter

The empty moral preening on social media after every Islamoid atrocity deeply disgusts me.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2015, 03:54:54 PM

Go fuck yourself. We don't need your shitty religion. Keep it to yourself.