News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shootings and explosions in Paris

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2015, 04:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on November 14, 2015, 07:06:28 AM
Hollande: "We are going to lead a war which will be pitiless. When terrorists are capable of committing such atrocities, they must be certain that they are facing a determined France, a united France, a France that is together, and does not let itself be moved"

Ok, now I have a frog boner. :frog:

Small, green and warty?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Reports of ISIS claiming responsibility and a Syrian passport being found on one attacker's body.

Duque de Bragança

More about found passports: one Egyptian as well.
A "French" extremist, a radical known to the police from suburban and/or countryside Essonne (both in Île-de-France/Paris Region) was identified through his fingerprints according to Liberation newspaper.

celedhring

Might be just a coincidence, but a burnt car with a French plate has been found in northern Catalonia, just off the route that takes you to the French border. It contained a bunch of cell phones and fake European car plates.

Spanish police is investigating it.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 13, 2015, 11:28:35 PM
ISIS is attacking us mostly? That would surely be welcome news to all the locals they have slaughtered.
Not many ISIS slaughter in Jordan, Saudi Arabia or Bharein.
What happens in Syria and Irak does not concern that much the gulf countries, otherwise, Saudi Arabia would have troops in Syria, not in Yemen.
And if you look at the refugee situation, the gulf countries have close to 0 refugees in their borders.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maladict

Quote from: celedhring on November 14, 2015, 09:56:01 AM
Might be just a coincidence, but a burnt car with a French plate has been found in northern Catalonia, just off the route that takes you to the French border. It contained a bunch of cell phones and fake European car plates.

Spanish police is investigating it.

Several witnesses in Paris also saw gunmen use a car with Belgian plates.

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on November 14, 2015, 02:54:00 AM
Is France capable of declaring and prosecuting a war on ISIS? Because I may be wrong but based on recent pronouncements by Hollande, this is what may happen, imo.

Btw, ISIS definitely is a "state" in the international law sense (even though it is not recognised by the international community) as it meets all the criteria (territory, effective control, own laws it enforces etc.) so if the attack was actually carried out by ISIS (and not some copycats/fanbois), then this should amount to a foreign attack on a NATO country.
It's the same as the US declaring war on terror.  Maybe France will invade Egypt...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on November 14, 2015, 10:16:12 AM
Is France capable of declaring and prosecuting a war on ISIS? Because I may be wrong but based on recent pronouncements by Hollande, this is what may happen, imo.

Btw, ISIS definitely is a "state" in the international law sense (even though it is not recognised by the international community) as it meets all the criteria (territory, effective control, own laws it enforces etc.) so if the attack was actually carried out by ISIS (and not some copycats/fanbois), then this should amount to a foreign attack on a NATO country.
It's the same as the US declaring war on terror.  Maybe France will invade Egypt...

Not at all the same, for the reason I mentioned.

Solmyr

Quote from: viper37 on November 14, 2015, 10:16:12 AM

From the heights of those pyramids, forty-two centuries will look down on them?

Duque de Bragança

#Greece PublicOrderMin Toskas confirms Paris attacker w Syrian passport was registered as refugee on Leros island in Oct. /via @AntennaNews

https://twitter.com/YanniKouts/status/665555110467084289?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If confirmed, danke Gutmenschen.
Found on lefigaro.fr

QuoteSyrian passport found on Paris attacker's body belonged to refugee who passed through Greece

The holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night's attacks in Paris passed though Greece in October, a Greek minister told Reuters.

"The holder of the passport passed through the island of Leros on October 3, 2015, where he was identified according to EU rules," said Nikos Toscas, Greece's deputy minister in charge of policing.

A Greek police source told Reuters that European countries had been asked to check the passport holder to see if they had been registered.

While this heavily implies that one of the gunman came into Europe along with refugees, Syrian passports are known to be valuable currency amongst those trying to enter Europe, and it is not confirmed yet whether the holder of the passport is indeed the perpetrator.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/nov/14/paris-terror-attacks-attackers-dead-mass-killing-live-updates

The Guardian in damage control mode in the end while Berlin said to not link the "migrant" and terrorist issues.

Martinus

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 14, 2015, 11:39:03 AM
#Greece PublicOrderMin Toskas confirms Paris attacker w Syrian passport was registered as refugee on Leros island in Oct. /via @AntennaNews

https://twitter.com/YanniKouts/status/665555110467084289?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If confirmed, danke Gutmenschen.
Found on lefigaro.fr

QuoteSyrian passport found on Paris attacker's body belonged to refugee who passed through Greece

The holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night's attacks in Paris passed though Greece in October, a Greek minister told Reuters.

"The holder of the passport passed through the island of Leros on October 3, 2015, where he was identified according to EU rules," said Nikos Toscas, Greece's deputy minister in charge of policing.

A Greek police source told Reuters that European countries had been asked to check the passport holder to see if they had been registered.

While this heavily implies that one of the gunman came into Europe along with refugees, Syrian passports are known to be valuable currency amongst those trying to enter Europe, and it is not confirmed yet whether the holder of the passport is indeed the perpetrator.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/nov/14/paris-terror-attacks-attackers-dead-mass-killing-live-updates

The Guardian in damage control mode in the end while Berlin said to not link the "migrant" and terrorist issues.

Ok, so what exactly it means, according to you? Three of the other shooters were from Brussels' suburbs, one from Paris...

You seem to be building a strawman that the pro-refugee side was somehow guaranteeing that noone like that can slip through the cracks. Is this it?

Queequeg

Appears to be a real ceasefire deal in Syria being worked out. Huge. Hugehugehuge.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Yeah that was what I was afraid of. If Syrians were involved the refugees are in serious trouble.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on November 14, 2015, 11:53:41 AM
Appears to be a real ceasefire deal in Syria being worked out. Huge. Hugehugehuge.

What are you babbling about now?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Queequeg on November 14, 2015, 11:53:41 AM

Between who?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk