News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

lustindarkness

I understand that the network likes to generate buzz wroth these cliffhangers,  bit all they generate is hate from the fans.  Such a great scene, a great episodes really, to ruin it in the end? It felt cheap.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

I am done with the Walking dead. I am not angry, I was done 3 episodes ago, I just can't care anymore.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 04, 2016, 06:58:04 AM
I am done with the Walking dead. I am not angry, I was done 3 episodes ago, I just can't care anymore.

You'll be back next season. :contract:

Josephus

Pourquoi? :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on April 04, 2016, 09:52:33 AM

Pourquoi? :huh:

I find it boring, every minute of the show I see is a minute I spend wondering who will die. I am not enjoying it anymore.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

1: Well that's an anti-climax on Daryll being shot. Though I'm relieved to see an outcome- at first it looked like they were going on end the episode on everyone being surrounded, then I noticed we hadn't reached the end yet.

2: In the US hunting shops typically carry night vision goggles right? Just realised I haven't seen a single pair on the show. :hmm:

3: Horse riding neo-knights? That was cool.

4: Typical stupid villains. All that fuss and right when they have our guys they don't kill them all.

5: Dumb cliffhanger.  I wonder if they left it vague who gets beaten just so they can save some money on contract renegotiations. "Play ball or you're it!"
At least they didn't just kill one of the no-name characters; black chick no 2. and the guy from Alexandria.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on April 04, 2016, 12:13:48 PM
4: Typical stupid villains. All that fuss and right when they have our guys they don't kill them all.

Yeah, they were making him look like a Dark Age warlord concerned about keeping enough peasants in the field.  But he had the ring leaders of the group that had just killed what he described as too many of his own people.  It was indeed stupid for him to keep any of them alive.

My vote for the guy that gets killed is the guy originally from Alexandria - forget his name.  We didnt really see him this season and for some reason he got in the RV.

Norgy

I agree with cc. It's probably him.

Or Carl.

lustindarkness

This is what actually happens now: Carl joins forces with Negan and become his pupil. When they meet again Carl kills Rick and throws him off a catwalk.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

Agree that not revealing the beat-down victim was lame.

My guess is either:

Daryl: because of the already known actor-selling-his-house-speculation, and that he does not even exist in the comic (so is expendable, even if a fan-loved character)

Abraham: because he was supposed to have died instead of Denise (per the comic).  So unless they decided they liked the character enough the keep, his clock is ticking.  Argument against?  It doesn't feel like they've fully finished the romance angle with him and Sasha yet.

Glenn: The one who is supposed to be dead.

Wild Card: As mentioned above...based on whomever they cannot resign a contract to.  Seriously...the series is reaching the point where in most, actors start shedding away due to boredom/typecast fears/money.  TWD is one of those shows where, it is popular enough that if they don't pay through the nose, and multiple cast member decide to bail/demand high salary, then AMC is so screwed.   

Solmyr

Eugene, because he said goodbye this episode and he gave Rick his bullet-making instructions which will become important next season.

Aaron, because AMC is lame and nobody will care about his death.

Or maybe they filmed it that way because Negan was finally killing the series. :P

Tonitrus

Quote from: Solmyr on April 04, 2016, 03:39:46 PM
Eugene, because he said goodbye this episode and he gave Rick his bullet-making instructions which will become important next season.

Agreed, I should have included him.  Especially as they made his character kinda lame.

Aaron?  Kill the primary gay character with a baseball bat beating?  Not sure AMC has the balls to do that.  Plus, he is currently the primary, from-Alexandria character.  They gotta keep some representation.

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 04, 2016, 03:36:54 PM
Agree that not revealing the beat-down victim was lame.

My guess is either:

Daryl: because of the already known actor-selling-his-house-speculation, and that he does not even exist in the comic (so is expendable, even if a fan-loved character)

Abraham: because he was supposed to have died instead of Denise (per the comic).  So unless they decided they liked the character enough the keep, his clock is ticking.  Argument against?  It doesn't feel like they've fully finished the romance angle with him and Sasha yet.

Glenn: The one who is supposed to be dead.

Wild Card: As mentioned above...based on whomever they cannot resign a contract to.  Seriously...the series is reaching the point where in most, actors start shedding away due to boredom/typecast fears/money.  TWD is one of those shows where, it is popular enough that if they don't pay through the nose, and multiple cast member decide to bail/demand high salary, then AMC is so screwed.

Boy, you hedged your bets. :P