News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I know what a HEAT round is.

That's why I asked the question.  I thought RPGs were knock offs of Panzerfausts, which definitely had shaped charge warheads.

Tonitrus

Watched the first couple episodes of the new season of FTWD.

Very "meh" so far.

And if you're going to last on a boat during the End of the World...you're better off with a sailing yacht.  :P

And why be lame and make/give Catalina Island a fictional place/name?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Siege on April 10, 2016, 09:12:28 PM
Anyway, if by some reason i were to ask for tribute, half your shit is too punitive for empire building, no matter what's your style. I think a 3rd or less.

Siege knows his classics.  1/3 is what the Barbs took from the Romans according to the traditional sources.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

citizen k

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 27, 2016, 04:51:31 PM

It's an alternative universe. There's bound to be discrepancies.

Tonitrus

Quote from: citizen k on April 28, 2016, 12:09:29 AM

It's an alternative universe. There's bound to be discrepancies.

It's not like they altered names for Los Angeles, Atlanta, or Alexandria (except that Alexandria looks like rural Georgia, when it obviously shouldn't).

lustindarkness

BTW, the latest Fear was pretty good, the show still has a chance.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josephus

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 28, 2016, 08:31:45 AM

For some reason I can't get interested in any of the characters. They're all annoying.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 28, 2016, 12:59:41 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on April 28, 2016, 08:31:45 AM

For some reason I can't get interested in any of the characters. They're all annoying.

Yeah, I keep mistaking the son for one of the Walkers.

viper37

And if you're going to last on a boat during the End of the World...you're better off with a sailing yacht.  :P
true, but eventually, you'll need fuel.  They should start thinking about that while it's still time.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

So yeah, Fear TWD isn't resonating with me as much as TWD.

I understand the need for the writers to do something different with it, rather than the same story set in L.A., but , while the strength of TWD is that it's not JUST about zombies, in this one they've pretty much removed the zombies all together. Now it's just a bunch of whining people going around from place to place encountering bad people.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tonitrus

It appears that Maggie (Lauren Cohan) is the one that gets bludgeoned to death.  :(

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 11, 2016, 01:15:07 PM
It appears that Maggie (Lauren Cohan) is the one that gets bludgeoned to death.  :(

Source?

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on October 11, 2016, 02:54:29 PM

Source?

She broke down crying at a convention so the rumour is her character is the one who dies
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tonitrus

Quote from: HVC on October 11, 2016, 03:05:44 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 11, 2016, 02:54:29 PM

Source?

She broke down crying at a convention so the rumour is her character is the one who dies

And clues from a recent S7 scene that was shown.

Josephus

Well, apparently two people are going to die in the first episode.
But I wonder how much these clues, including a crying actress, are red herrings?