News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on December 06, 2017, 12:24:08 PM
What happened to all the snipers is my wonder. Something I missed?
And Eugene's plan was... Shoot all the zombies?

Yep, apparently he didnt think about that plan when the zombies were safely outside the walls.

KRonn

Quote from: Tyr on December 06, 2017, 12:24:08 PM
What happened to all the snipers is my wonder. Something I missed?
And Eugene's plan was... Shoot all the zombies?

I assume that once the walkers were killed inside the building, enough ot Negan's people got out and were able to kill the snipers.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josephus

What was Eugene's escape plan? Did they ever say? Whatever it was it worked really well. Kinda made the first five episodes pointless.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zoupa

You know how in season 2, when they escaped the farm, and mostly in season 4 when they escaped the prison, it took the group days/weeks to find each other again?

How the fuck are the Saviors able to bust out of the sanctuary, rally hundreds of soldiers even though the first 7 episodes show us how all their outposts are destroyed, and mount a 3 pronged attack, simultaneously, on all 3 communities?

How do they even know that the Hilltop group would be on that road? Why don't they at least capture or kill Maggie?

This shit makes no fucking sense. The writing has really went to shit. Oh and good thing Rick went to the trash people and spent like 3 episodes there. Then they bail in the first 5 minutes and aren't seen again. Jesus Christ what a mess. I'm not even touching the Carl dying thing, it's even dumber. Yeah guys, let's have him die from an off-screen bite to random walkers he met in the forest. Sounds like a super cool way to go out, the kid's only been with us for half his life, no biggie. Oh he just bought a house in Georgia and is applying to colleges in the area? Oh we told him at the beginning of the season we wanted him for at least another 3 years minimum? Lol yeah fuck that. Let's just kill him for the shock value. What's that you say? How can Rick go on, it'd be out of character for him not to lose his shit and go on a murdering rampage? Who cares dude. People will keep watching anyways.

AMC: "We are trying to do 20 years of the Walking Dead!"

-The Walking Dead kills Carl-

Narrator: They did not do 20 years.

Josephus

Letting Maggie go doesn't make sense. Neagan specifically said he wanted Rick, The Widow and the King.

And yeah, escaping and then co-ordinating a massive three-pronged attack defies belief (in a show where I can believe dead people can walk and get hungry). But I wish they explained the escape better...maybe we'll get a flashback next episode.

There has to be something to CArl's death....I wonder if they're gonna weaponize him...but wait the writers did that with Sasha alredy.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

11B4V

Quote from: Zoupa on December 11, 2017, 03:51:08 PM
You know how in season 2, when they escaped the farm, and mostly in season 4 when they escaped the prison, it took the group days/weeks to find each other again?

How the fuck are the Saviors able to bust out of the sanctuary, rally hundreds of soldiers even though the first 7 episodes show us how all their outposts are destroyed, and mount a 3 pronged attack, simultaneously, on all 3 communities?

How do they even know that the Hilltop group would be on that road? Why don't they at least capture or kill Maggie?

This shit makes no fucking sense. The writing has really went to shit. Oh and good thing Rick went to the trash people and spent like 3 episodes there. Then they bail in the first 5 minutes and aren't seen again. Jesus Christ what a mess. I'm not even touching the Carl dying thing, it's even dumber. Yeah guys, let's have him die from an off-screen bite to random walkers he met in the forest. Sounds like a super cool way to go out, the kid's only been with us for half his life, no biggie. Oh he just bought a house in Georgia and is applying to colleges in the area? Oh we told him at the beginning of the season we wanted him for at least another 3 years minimum? Lol yeah fuck that. Let's just kill him for the shock value. What's that you say? How can Rick go on, it'd be out of character for him not to lose his shit and go on a murdering rampage? Who cares dude. People will keep watching anyways.

AMC: "We are trying to do 20 years of the Walking Dead!"

-The Walking Dead kills Carl-

Narrator: They did not do 20 years.

Wholeheartedly agree with this.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on December 11, 2017, 04:25:01 PM
Letting Maggie go doesn't make sense. Neagan specifically said he wanted Rick, The Widow and the King.

And yeah, escaping and then co-ordinating a massive three-pronged attack defies belief (in a show where I can believe dead people can walk and get hungry). But I wish they explained the escape better...maybe we'll get a flashback next episode.

There has to be something to CArl's death....I wonder if they're gonna weaponize him...but wait the writers did that with Sasha alredy.

He meant Carol no?

But yes. The whole thing is dumb. Saviours pulling extra guys out of nowhere like a video game villain
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Carol wasn't a key figure in the uprising and Negan wouldn't have a clue she'd been married.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Walking Dead is getting stupid.

It always annoyed me in Fear the Walking Dead, that that one character would put on a coat of blood and merge with the herd unharmed. It had been explained in Walking Dead earlier, although they had to literally cover themselves in blood and guts to get away with it.

But now in Walking Dead the Whisperers merely have to wear a Zombie Halloween mask and get away with it. Seems to me like they've found a good loophole. All living humans should carry Zombie masks in their pockets in case of Zombie attack. Problem solved.

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on March 11, 2019, 08:19:21 AM

It always annoyed me in Fear the Walking Dead, that that one character would put on a coat of blood and merge with the herd unharmed. It had been explained in Walking Dead earlier, although they had to literally cover themselves in blood and guts to get away with it.

But now in Walking Dead the Whisperers merely have to wear a Zombie Halloween mask and get away with it. Seems to me like they've found a good loophole. All living humans should carry Zombie masks in their pockets in case of Zombie attack. Problem solved.

They said something about having their scent on them.  Presumably, they cover themselves in blood, don't wash, and the mask is the extra when the herd comes to you.
They whisper, they smell like them, they look like them, they walk like them.  I think it's a combination of everything.

But yeah, lots of it doesn't make much sense.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on March 11, 2019, 12:57:08 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 11, 2019, 08:19:21 AM

They said something about having their scent on them.  Presumably, they cover themselves in blood, don't wash, and the mask is the extra when the herd comes to you.
They whisper, they smell like them, they look like them, they walk like them.  I think it's a combination of everything.

When they were in their camp they were all clean (ie not smeared in blood).  The only thing they did with the dead attacked the camp was put on their masks and start walking like the dead.  The most silly part was when they were returning with the daughter back to their camp, she was completely clean and had no mask, but she still walked along like she was one of the dead.

The dead are not even dangerous anymore.  They are more of a nuisance.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2019, 01:56:02 PM
The most silly part was when they were returning with the daughter back to their camp, she was completely clean and had no mask, but she still walked along like she was one of the dead.
that's when she said something about scent.  or they did.  Like walking close to them, she was covered by their scent.

Even if they don't appear covered in blood, something could be left of it.  There's no stream to wash themselves near there.  And walkers don't seem to attack living animals that make no noise.

I don't even know how they could put on walkers mask and not be infected by residual blood.  IIRC, Rick&co covered themselves with raincoats before applying blood and made sure there were no wounds.

I Don't really know and I don't really care.  "Rules" seems to change every year or so.  It's still a good show, but I miss Rick and Neagan.  Mostly Neagan.  Best villain ever.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

KRonn

There always seems to be some group, often and odd one, that shows up. But I guess these Whisperers are in the comic books, and the show follows the comics to some extent. It's not so out of whack though, as people who have little contact with others could digress into any kind of grouping and way of life to survive. But yeah, they do seem to be following too strange a way of living to be sensible for long term survivable. Alpha and Beta have them severely cowed and it probably wasn't so hard to do at first with very desperate people. Probably something like how Neegan welded his group and power together.

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on March 11, 2019, 03:19:10 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2019, 01:56:02 PM
The most silly part was when they were returning with the daughter back to their camp, she was completely clean and had no mask, but she still walked along like she was one of the dead.
that's when she said something about scent.  or they did.  Like walking close to them, she was covered by their scent.

Yeah but that's bull shit and has never been the case before. You couldn't just walk among them and assume you were covered by their scent. If you remember, earlier, they pretty much had to cover themselves head to toe in blood and guts, and even then it wasn't guaranteed. Remember the episode where Carl lost an eye, I think; the other kid who was so covered in blood and guts, but let out a small whimper and that was enough for the herd to turn on him.
They're bending the rules of the universe too much.