News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

I still really enjoy TWD, one of my favorite shows. But I'm a bit mixed on this season as it's going to be all battles. That can be good, exciting and given how events have progressed it certainly makes sense. Just that it seems a bit over done for what is probably an entire season. That said, society is in an anarchist stage, different groups trying to survive and gain power and even  early on the show was more about the interactions of survivors and their groups more so than the walkers. This clash is the biggest, very much dwarfing even the Governor vs the Prison.

Josquius

Jesus that was one of the dumbest things I ever saw.

First random saviour guy over acting to hell.
Then the ditch of death.
King decides to randomly shout go on without me when they were in no immediate danger and could have just walked away....
Then in comes the tiger to kill itself for no good reason.
Contrived attempt to cut the special effects budget
██████
██████
██████

citizen k

Quote from: KRonn on November 12, 2017, 12:19:38 PM
That said, society is in an anarchist stage,

I would say it's in more of a warlord stage. Not much voluntary cooperation going on in the Dark Ages 2.0.

KRonn

Quote from: citizen k on November 13, 2017, 05:05:28 PM
Quote from: KRonn on November 12, 2017, 12:19:38 PM
That said, society is in an anarchist stage,

I would say it's in more of a warlord stage. Not much voluntary cooperation going on in the Dark Ages 2.0.

Yeah, right. I was going to say Feudal stage but they haven't yet progressed to that.

Josephus

So looks like Morgan is crossing over to Fear The Walking Dead...or as the actor calls it Fear Of The Walking Dead.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

I'm a bit curious where each show is on the timeline.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

They must be caught up now, if Morgan's joining the other.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Fear has gone past the collapse of civilization now?
I watched the first episode or two of that but never got into it.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Honestly Fear still feels like it should be in the first year. There haven't been any points where it feels like everyone is settled in and they can skip a few months or years.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 29, 2017, 10:12:43 AM
Honestly Fear still feels like it should be in the first year. There haven't been any points where it feels like everyone is settled in and they can skip a few months or years.

Yeah, escape from LA was a few weeks; cruise to Mexico a matter of days; escape from what seemed to be a safe haven; a few weeks wondering about; a few weeks at the resort; then a few months with the survivalists.  Add in a few more months to be generous for other miscellaneous side plots.

Eddie Teach

Ok, that (lack of a) play with the junkyard people was really dumb. Great, so Rick's a badass. He's still an idiot for walking in there alone.

Josephus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 03, 2017, 11:34:22 PM
Ok, that (lack of a) play with the junkyard people was really dumb. Great, so Rick's a badass. He's still an idiot for walking in there alone.

Yeah that whole thing was weak. There was no reason after Rick let her go, for her to stick to her word either.
Civis Romanus Sum

crazy canuck

This whole season is full of stupid.

They go to great lengths to plan out the perfect attack plan; take days to execute it; the plan works; the compound is surrounded as planned; the attempt to save the compound with the speaker truck is thwarted; and then a group who knows the plan and schedule decides to freelance because they are concerned something might go wrong?

Yeah, the thing that went wrong is not sticking to the plan.

KRonn

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 04, 2017, 12:27:08 PM
This whole season is full of stupid.

They go to great lengths to plan out the perfect attack plan; take days to execute it; the plan works; the compound is surrounded as planned; the attempt to save the compound with the speaker truck is thwarted; and then a group who knows the plan and schedule decides to freelance because they are concerned something might go wrong?

Yeah, the thing that went wrong is not sticking to the plan.

I found the truck plan out of whack too, but I tried to understand their thinking that the Saviors could do something to escape if things dragged out. But driving the truck into the building just let the walkers go in to slaughter then the Saviors could escape.

What I didn't understand or maybe I missed the pretense, but why did Rick go into the heapsters compound alone? If he wanted to bargain he should have had a few people with him and asked for a parlay outside the heapster compound in a more neutral setting.

Josquius

What happened to all the snipers is my wonder. Something I missed?
And Eugene's plan was... Shoot all the zombies?
██████
██████
██████