News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I'm watching but Meh.
Really no getting how they just suddenly trusted these dump people.
██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

The junk people . . . it's supposed to something be 3 years or so after Z-day?  Would a whole group of adult people completely forget how to speak in sentences in such a short time period?  The whole talk in a one-word sentences thing seemed very cheesy.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 03, 2017, 03:16:18 PM
The junk people . . . it's supposed to something be 3 years or so after Z-day?  Would a whole group of adult people completely forget how to speak in sentences in such a short time period?  The whole talk in a one-word sentences thing seemed very cheesy.

Yeah, I was going to mention that too.  Humanity isn't far enough removed from this "apocalypse" to be that way yet.  This ain't freakin' Mad Max.

crazy canuck

Josephus, this is a spoilers thread  ;)

I thought the deal with the trash people not well thought out.  Rick made a deal with a group that makes no secret of the fact they are all about their own self interest (a tribe of Yi if you will); Rick gives them everything the want up front; and then expects them to live up to their end.  I would have been more disappointed if they had written the ending with the tribe of Yi honouring Rick's deal because there was no reason for them to do it and stay in character.

crazy canuck

A group of social rejects who found eachother.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2017, 11:08:40 PM
A group of social rejects who found eachother.

OK but I'm talking about The Walking Dead, not languish.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2017, 11:07:34 PM
Josephus, this is a spoilers thread  ;)

I thought the deal with the trash people not well thought out.  Rick made a deal with a group that makes no secret of the fact they are all about their own self interest (a tribe of Yi if you will); Rick gives them everything the want up front; and then expects them to live up to their end.  I would have been more disappointed if they had written the ending with the tribe of Yi honouring Rick's deal because there was no reason for them to do it and stay in character.

Agreed.
Especially when I saw their actual plan, letting these people who out number them into their town.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 03, 2017, 07:32:09 PM

Yeah, I was going to mention that too.  Humanity isn't far enough removed from this "apocalypse" to be that way yet.  This ain't freakin' Mad Max.

I just figure they were just trailer trash types BEFORE the apocalypse
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

I think I am going to stop watching this. 

last episode Rick and a number of others could have died but the episode lacked any tension or suspense.  One guy did die - big emotional scene (or at least it was supposed to be I guess).  Didn't even know his name.  The biggest issue was whether the Savior prisoners should be killed or not.   :zzz

Grey Fox

Morales.

I read recaps, takes 5 minutes & it's way more enjoyable than just watching the show.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

This is an interesting TV show about dueling bands of militia groups.  It takes place in an economically depressed and deindustrialized region of present day Virginia, where apparently local budget cuts have forced disbandment of police forces, leaving the violent militias free to run rampant.  The militia groups on both sides follow some sort of survivalist philosophy, growing their own food, and recycling materials from abandoned factories and gas stations.  Due to lax state gun laws automatic weapons are plentiful, but because of the economic downturn there don't seem to be many well functioning hospitals or health clinics.  One of the militia groups follows a Christian millenarian worldview (the "Saviours"), the other is more eclectic but for some reason abuses zoo animals.  Basically it's like the Hatfields & McCoys but with more ethnic diversity.

Oh also there are some zombies around.
--Joan Robinson

Josephus

You're not the only one CC. This season so far has been one long drawn out battle with very little emotional impact.

The gay guy dying was supposed to be impactful, certainly they made a big deal on Talking Dead, but I was....whatever.

This season could be a big turning point for the show.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

The start of the last episode with a bunch of disjointed scenes of the kingdom lot including their being ambushed.... Ugh.
And the ending too. Blahh
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

I am in agreement with ya'll.  The first few episodes has been impressive in making gun battles tired and boring. 

TWD has definitely entered that lazy/entitled phase that catches most well-performing series'.

And there is probably a good reason the best quality shows lately have been ones that practically had an end-state already in place (e.g. Breaking Bad), and not as open-ended as TWD is.

And the TWD will have, at some point, that ticking time bomb coming of a declining successful series/actor contract negotiations.

Eddie Teach

I'm still enjoying TWD. Could do without the speeches and montages of people looking determined though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?