News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I don't usually watch the show, but Negan had a few good one-liners in this one.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Frankly, I think Negan's a bit too cartoonish.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 09, 2016, 01:08:16 AM
Frankly, I think Negan's a bit too cartoonish.

You know it is based on a comic, right.  :contract:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

They've been pretty good up to now at avoiding the pitfalls of the medium.

But seriously, no way he's ruled this way for this long and nobody's shot him in the back.

Josquius

I don't know what to make of Neegan. He really does have something odd about him. I guess that's what makes him creepy.
I hope they do his back story at some point and show how his presumable biker gang core came to save and enslave so many.
██████
██████
██████

Pedrito

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 09, 2016, 08:45:50 AM
But seriously, no way he's ruled this way for this long and nobody's shot him in the back.
My same thought.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

crazy canuck

I think they are modelling him after a typical warlord who rules through fear pretty well.

Josephus

He's no different than, say, Stalin.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Did Stalin keep Beria's wife as his mistress?

Josephus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 09, 2016, 06:16:37 PM
Did Stalin keep Beria's wife as his mistress?

have you ever seen beria's wife?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on December 09, 2016, 04:12:20 PM
I don't know what to make of Neegan. He really does have something odd about him. I guess that's what makes him creepy.
I hope they do his back story at some point and show how his presumable biker gang core came to save and enslave so many.

His comic backstory is a former high school physical education/gym teacher.

Which in the context of American culture, explains his character pretty well.  :P

Josephus

Tonitrus

Nah. 

Still watching...this season has been kinda dragging.  I know it's following the comic, but it feels like just another Governor plot line, just on a larger scale.

Tonitrus

And as it was the season finale...

With all of its faults, at least they didn't crap out another cliffhanger this time (just a lead up to the next level of the story).

The whole exercise of bringing around the junk-pile people, only to dispose of them as turncoats seemed silly and pointless. 

Josephus

[spoiler][It was a fairly weak finale. I'm bothered with plots that don't make sense. Why did Negan even bother with the whole Sasha in the coffin trick? What advantage was it supposed to give him? Force Rick to give in to his demands? Um...all he had to do was say, "Rick, do this or i'll kill [anyone]." It was a very weak set up.

And yeah, the Scavengers. Why did chief Scavenger keep her gun on Rick for the whole battle? Meh...thank god for the tiger.[/spoiler]