News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Solmyr on October 26, 2016, 04:52:31 AM
GoT, a show about knights and dragons and political intrigue, has pregnant women stabbed in the stomach and little girls burned alive: everyone is fine.

Walking Dead, a show about apocalypse and zombies with loads of gore, has two people get their heads bashed in: everyone loses their shit.

IMO this episode shows brilliantly the breaking of Rick and what kind of threat Negan is.

Could use nudity though
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Glenn is the lady's favourite. Hence the upset
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Quote from: Zoupa on October 26, 2016, 06:17:08 PM
Nobody is "losing their shit" over TWD's season opener. Critics are pointing out that it was gore for the sake of gore, that it was lazy, phoned in, and just plain bad writing.

The victims were leaked months ago, that's not the point. As I posted, the head-bashing is used to establish what kind of threat Negan is. He does not fuck around, compared to, say, the Governor who did fuck all. And the scene is pretty much directly taken from the comic, so I don't see why the gore is somehow reason to complain.

Grey Fox

I watched multiple clips on youtube.

I love Negan.

As the promo shows Negan is in charge now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on October 27, 2016, 05:21:26 AM
Nobody is "losing their shit" over TWD's season opener. Critics are pointing out that it was gore for the sake of gore, that it was lazy, phoned in, and just plain bad writing.

The victims were leaked months ago, that's not the point. As I posted, the head-bashing is used to establish what kind of threat Negan is. He does not fuck around, compared to, say, the Governor who did fuck all. And the scene is pretty much directly taken from the comic, so I don't see why the gore is somehow reason to complain.

What works in a comic doesn't necessarily work in TV.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

Well, yeah. That's why Rick, Carl, Michonne, Carol, Morgan & Daryl are not losing a limb anytime soon. No one wants to pay for that level of CGI.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Solmyr on October 27, 2016, 05:21:26 AM

Were they? I thought they did a pretty good job of not leaking. Even Langusih was saying Maggie just a week ago.
Sure, many people thought Glenn would die based on the comic book.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

I wonder... was the Glenn dead/not dead stupidity earlier in the series purely a red herring for the negan incident to counteract the obvious comic evidence ?
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Quote from: Josephus on October 27, 2016, 11:39:14 AM
Were they? I thought they did a pretty good job of not leaking. Even Langusih was saying Maggie just a week ago.
Sure, many people thought Glenn would die based on the comic book.

Well, not "leaked" per se, but JDM accidentally mentioned "deaths" (multiple) in an interview and people noted the two actors not filming anymore after the first episode was done.

Zoupa

Quote from: Tyr on October 27, 2016, 12:41:47 PM
I wonder... was the Glenn dead/not dead stupidity earlier in the series purely a red herring for the negan incident to counteract the obvious comic evidence ?

I think at this point the showrunners just like to take a dump on their viewers for giggles. Like an abused and addicted crackwhore, we keep coming back anyway. Why not fuck with us just for the hell of it?  :lol:

Eddie Teach

Why can't Jon Snow be dead instead of Glenn?  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

lustindarkness

Interesting episode, and nice change of pace after that last one.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom