News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

The most difficult thing to watch for me was the breaking of Rick.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Zoupa

Episode sucked.  They desperately need new ideas/new writers. Fuck following the comics. Kirkman is a hack anyways.

11B4V

Quote from: Zoupa on October 24, 2016, 06:00:52 PM
Episode sucked.  They desperately need new ideas/new writers. Fuck following the comics. Kirkman is a hack anyways.

This I agree with.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Zoupa

Season synopsis for the last 3-4 seasons: roam around, find a safe place, group gets split, face a new enemy, gets reunited, wins, somebody dies. Rinse and repeat. Bleh.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on October 11, 2016, 08:08:17 PM
After watching the show for a few season I don't think she's that good an actress to pull that off :D
Maybe you were right...

TWD: an alternative scene shows Negan killing Maggie

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Solmyr

:huh: Pretty much everyone everywhere agrees that this was a fantastic episode with great acting from Morgan and Lincoln.

11B4V

Quote from: Solmyr on October 25, 2016, 06:39:28 PM

:huh: Pretty much everyone everywhere agrees that this was a fantastic episode with great acting from Morgan and Lincoln.

No. So Solly
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

:huh:  https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_walking_dead/s07/e01/
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zoupa

Ok? I'm just giving my opinion, man. Acting is usually not the problem with this show. The writing is.

Eddie Teach

Don't call Negan Morgan, that's just confusing.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

GoT, a show about knights and dragons and political intrigue, has pregnant women stabbed in the stomach and little girls burned alive: everyone is fine.

Walking Dead, a show about apocalypse and zombies with loads of gore, has two people get their heads bashed in: everyone loses their shit.

IMO this episode shows brilliantly the breaking of Rick and what kind of threat Negan is.

Zoupa

Quote from: Solmyr on October 26, 2016, 04:52:31 AM
GoT, a show about knights and dragons and political intrigue, has pregnant women stabbed in the stomach and little girls burned alive: everyone is fine.

Walking Dead, a show about apocalypse and zombies with loads of gore, has two people get their heads bashed in: everyone loses their shit.

IMO this episode shows brilliantly the breaking of Rick and what kind of threat Negan is.

I recall plenty of outrage following certain episodes of GoT, most notably the ones graphically showing rape scenes.

Nobody is "losing their shit" over TWD's season opener. Critics are pointing out that it was gore for the sake of gore, that it was lazy, phoned in, and just plain bad writing.

Everybody knew they're not going to show a man beating a woman to death with a baseball bat. Same with the gay guy, same with the kid. They're also not going to kill Rick. So that leaves the redhead, Glenn, Eugene and fan favourite Daryl.

They picked redhead, ok I guess? Relatively new character, bah, humbug. Then they picked Glenn, which should have been dead last season during another shitty/lazy cliffhanger/surprise of an episode.

So after alienating a bunch of their viewers with that fake-out, they kill Glenn 6 episodes later, and people had to wait 6-7 months for that.

In conclusion: the writing is crap, and instead of tearing up, I burst out laughing when Glenn was babbling with his eye hanging out. Not a great send-off for a character that's been there since the 2nd episode of the whole series...

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

I agree with Zoupa's conclusion but not how he gets there. Not at all.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.