News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do you attend religious services?

Started by Syt, October 05, 2015, 04:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you attend your religion's services?

I'm religious and I do attend services regularly.
11 (18.3%)
I'm religious and I do attend services occasionally (Easter, Christmas, etc.).
4 (6.7%)
I'm religious and I don't attend services.
3 (5%)
I'm not religious but I do attend services regularly.
0 (0%)
I'm not religious but I do attend services occasionally (Easter, Christmas, etc.).
9 (15%)
I'm not religious and I don't attend services.
31 (51.7%)
I worship at the altar of Jaron.
2 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Syt

I thought about making a US/non-US split, but I didn't want to inflate the options even more. :P

Me: Not religious, not attending services.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Not religious, but I have attended weddings/funerals for people which are.

Last time I attended church outside of that was when my mother took me to Christmas Mass when I was a teenager. God was that boring.

Iormlund

No. No.

The most common reason for me to visit churches is tourism, though of course the occasional funeral or wedding is unavoidable.

Brazen

I'm not religious but I attend weddings, christenings and funerals I'm invited to and occasionally the odd sing-along carol concert. 

jimmy olsen

I regularly attend an English language service at a Methodist church in Daejeon.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

chipwich

Monoriu

Not religious and do not attend religious services.  But my old school was a religious school and every student had to attend morning assemblies.  We sang a hymn every day and recited the Lord's prayer.  Also did church services twice every year, just before Christmas and Easter.  The majority of students and teachers were atheists but everybody went along.

Solmyr

Atheist here. Answered that I do not attend services, but I might, perhaps, do it *very* occasionally just out of curiosity. For example, a few years ago I was in Rome and attended a Catholic Mass in St. Peter's just because I happened to be there at the time. I've also attended a couple of Jewish ceremonies in the local synagogue.

Legbiter

I'm a nominal Lutheran at best and I gladly attend all the usual weddings, christenings, confirmations and funerals I'm invited to.

I've long since hunted down and murdered any edgelord Internet atheist tendencies with regard to my church attendance.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

There is no option "I'm religious and I would attend religious services if they were available in my area." :P

Eddie Teach

I attended church every week until I turned 18. Only weddings and funerals since.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

No and no, apart from the funeral stuff.

Rex Francorum

I used to attend when I was young but I don't attend services nowadays. There are barely any weddings in my family (when it happens it is mostly civil marriage) and funerals are most often not celebrated at church.
To rent

garbon

Not religious but I still usually go for Easter and Christmas and then will attend the random odd service or two throughout the year.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.