And we're back!

Main Menu

The Psychopath Test

Started by Hamilcar, September 18, 2015, 01:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 19, 2015, 02:51:34 AM
Because he's a cynic.

I was going to say a "yes man" and "back stabber", but perhaps that's to militant.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Agelastus

Your score from primary psychopathy has been calculated as 2.9.

Your score from secondary psychopathy has been calculated as 3.2.

You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 72.84% of people who have taken this test.

You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 78.18% of people who have taken this test.

:hmm:

Not sure what to make of this - for one thing, there seems to be less variance between my primary and secondary psychopathy scores than appears to be the norm for Languishites taking the test.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

11B4V

Quote from: Agelastus on September 19, 2015, 04:01:54 AM
Your score from primary psychopathy has been calculated as 2.9.

Your score from secondary psychopathy has been calculated as 3.2.

You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 72.84% of people who have taken this test.

You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 78.18% of people who have taken this test.

:hmm:

Not sure what to make of this - for one thing, there seems to be less variance between my primary and secondary psychopathy scores than appears to be the norm for Languishites taking the test.

You're kind of nuts. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

Quote from: 11B4V on September 19, 2015, 02:55:13 AM
Because he's a cynic.

I was going to say a "yes man" and "back stabber", but perhaps that's to militant.

Well, he comes across as someone who would prefer that his success comes at the expense of someone else, so he probably strongly agreed with that one, and can't comprehend anyone strongly disagreeing with it.

And as for the first one he mentioned, I strongly disagreed with it as much as a practical matter as anything else.  In my experience, telling people what they want to hear doesn't really get them to do what you want them to do, it just gives them an excuse to do what they really want to do anyway.  Of course, maybe that just means I'm bad at manipulating people.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on September 19, 2015, 01:52:51 AM
69 and 39. Btw, does appreciating a good scam really make on psychopathic? Can't you appreciate something and still condemn it?
I think so.  Like when I heard about Bernie Madoff's scam my first thought was "Wow, he's one of the best con men of all time and I can't believe none of those idiots (investors, the SEC) ever suspected anything was amiss."
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

These sort of test just suck up my time and get in my way.  :ultra:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Get in your way of...? Also it is a pretty short test.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Yes, I think by now we know that most of your 'posts' zoom right by me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Because he's a cynic.

He is, in fact, a lawyer.  ;)

11B4V

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 19, 2015, 12:56:36 PM
Because he's a cynic.

He is, in fact, a lawyer.  ;)

I had hope, despite that.

Maximus

Quote from: Martinus on September 19, 2015, 02:19:06 AM
For example, anyone who picked "strongly disagree" on a question like "I tell other people what they want to hear so that they will do what I want them to do." or "strongly agree" on a question like "I would be upset if my success came at someone else's expense." is simply a liar or someone very unaware.
Sounds like something a psychopath would think.

DGuller

Quote from: Maximus on September 19, 2015, 01:37:56 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 19, 2015, 02:19:06 AM
For example, anyone who picked "strongly disagree" on a question like "I tell other people what they want to hear so that they will do what I want them to do." or "strongly agree" on a question like "I would be upset if my success came at someone else's expense." is simply a liar or someone very unaware.
Sounds like something a psychopath would think.
:yes: Cynical people have a hard time contemplating how a non-cynical person would think.

Eddie Teach

Those two words are not remotely synonymous. :mellow:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 19, 2015, 01:55:40 PM
Those two words are not remotely synonymous. :mellow:
There is a strong relationship.  There aren't many naive psychopaths around.  And in my personal experience, a lot of people who are cynical are that way because they themselves are not good people, and thus expect other people to be that way.