News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Prussia cannot join our camp, they are Subject Neutral for a turn (the last turn, in fact).

Assuming there is a last turn.

Wellington did not suffer attrition in Picardy, and flags it.

Right now Britain and Russia are tied at +2 VPs, so Russia wins if the game ends now.

There is a +2 to the peace die roll, as well, IIRC.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Nassau suffers no attrition and is flagged by Russia.

Napoleon's army suffers 1 loss in Grodno.

Britain's up to declare whether they wish to ditch a card to appease the gods of war.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

OK, how many cards are going to have to be ditched here? And Prussia and Austria cannot ditch, right?

0 rows returned

Berkut

I will certainly ditch regardless - I don't think we can avoid a roll anyway.

0 rows returned

Viking

I'm throwing a card to win; naturally.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on May 14, 2009, 12:51:51 PM
Prussia cannot join our camp, they are Subject Neutral for a turn (the last turn, in fact).

Assuming there is a last turn.

Wellington did not suffer attrition in Picardy, and flags it.

Right now Britain and Russia are tied at +2 VPs, so Russia wins if the game ends now.

There is a +2 to the peace die roll, as well, IIRC.

I've got +3, 1 for a resource, Nassau and Zurich respectively.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

And France will also ditch a card to attempt to prevent the Russian win.  That puts Russia up to a 5-6 win.  Someone feel free to do the honors...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

OK, so if we all drop a card, that leave the game ending on a 5-6, with a Russian win.

Roll coming up.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Damn.

Well-played, Viking.  Good game.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Britain: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 1

Message from Britain:
Peace Roll.

Congrats viking. Well played.

0 rows returned

Viking

QuoteBritain: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 1

Message from Britain:
Peace Roll.

Victory!

Berkut

Overall, I have to say I was very impressed by the play of the lot of you, considering most of you were somewhat new to the game. Very well done, and one of the better Nappy Wars games I have ever played in. Thanks.

0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned

Delirium

It's over? Dang. Congratulations to Viking, playing wholeheartedly to defend Austria and the coalition and defeat France in the long term paid off, good to see. And no stabbing.

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote from: Berkut on May 14, 2009, 01:12:33 PM
We ready to start again?

For some reason Nappy Wars doesn't quite do it for me. I'd like to wait a while before the next game, I have to plenty of other stuff I want to try.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan