Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Wow, tied for the lead and they are going to throw the game.

Still, it would be pretty awesome to see grumbler win.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

I need my cards... I'm not going to win if I can't stand up to france in the coming turn.

I'm surrounded. :weep:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

You aren't going to win if the game ends this turn either.

Everyone needs their cards. That is the nature of the game.

Anyway, Prussia is up to declare if they will sacrifice a card to end the game early.

If they do, they have a 1/3 chance of the win, or 1/6 if France tosses in a card.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Yes, I did know it was going to happen, but I was holding out hope that it wouldn't happen.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on April 24, 2009, 08:25:22 AM
I need my cards... I'm not going to win if I can't stand up to france in the coming turn.

You're not going to fucking win if Prussia wins, either, are you?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 24, 2009, 11:40:25 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 24, 2009, 08:25:22 AM

You're not going to fucking win if Prussia wins, either, are you?

Do you want to borrow my oven mitts?

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Will they help Viking understand the card-sacrifice mechanism?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Can we get a screenshot of the board and whatnot?

Habbaku

Not pictured : The Irish rebellion still going strong by holding half of the island; Sweden's capture of Norway while the Danes defiantly resist in Copenhagen; the Russian Czar missing the forest for the trees.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

I'm dropping a card to increase the peace roll from 6 to 5-6
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Quote from: grumbler on April 24, 2009, 12:24:57 PM
I'm dropping a card to increase the peace roll from 6 to 5-6

Fortunately, I am not so ignorant of how the game works that I will not also ditch one.  Per ACTS, the roll came up a '5', so the show goes on for one more turn.

Now we go to the camp change phase.  Anyone that wishes to switch camps may do so with my blessing.

Please accept or decline ASAP.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

No joining the Imperial camp this turn, per Swedish card play.

Moving right along...

0 rows returned