QuoteRussia: Russia: Play Strategy card as Operations

#61: 2 / Fire Ships

Message from Russia:
Disband AG Konstantin
1/2 Bennigsen +4 CU move from Wurtemburg to Zurich
2/2 Bagraion +6 CU move from Zurich to Milan

Nappy can evade.

Nappy can roll for evasion.
Note, along with Royal Marriage and General's Health this is the third card I've gotten both this turn AND last.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

No evasion, no attrition suffered per the ACTS roll.  To Viking to declare any cards.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Napoleon finally wins a battle...

QuoteFrance: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 19

Message from France:
No cards for the French, either.

Battle is 9 Russian vs. 10 French. Russian dice first.

0 Russian hits, 2 French kills and 1 disrupt.  That's 3 more hits than my opponent, so the Russians are routed--the disrupt turns into a kill.  I gain a resource per ACTS (rolled a 1), and the Russians are forced to retreat back across the pass.

I'll await Viking's confirmation (and file) before my own action, in case he has something up his sleeve.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Damn.. and there I was hoping all I needed to do was to get three hits... :weep:

Habbaku

Viking, please make sure you've loaded the most recent file before doing your own.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on April 22, 2009, 05:07:29 PM
Viking, please make sure you've loaded the most recent file before doing your own.

I thought I did, was there a mistake?

Habbaku

Yes, you somehow didn't load my clearing Naples of British troops, yet managed to keep Berkut's move in the log.  No matter, I'll correct it in my own file so that nothing's wrong.

France burns her resource for an extra card, then plays one for 5 CPs.
1/5 - Flag Genoa.
2/5 - Massena and 6 CUs from Piedmont to Genoa.
3/5 - Same group to Milan.
4/5 - Napoleon and 8 CUs (leaving Massena in Milan) move to attack Tyrol.

Austrians must decide to evade or fight before my attrition roll, so I'll pass to Del for now. 1 CP remaining.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

grrr.. I just gave the French the resources they needed to fight back.. we'd all be better off if I'd just have stayed in Zurich...

Delirium

That's an unfortunate turn of events, but you couldn't have done anything differently, attacking with almost even odds against Nappy can never be a bad thing, probability of a rout is very small, actually gaining a resource even smaller.

I'll probably fight, just need to check the map first.

Yep, I'll fight.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

1 French CU dies from attrition, another from the battle.  Napoleon achieves a flag overrun, however--Tyrol goes French and the CU dies.

Napoleon and the 6 remaining CUs head to Salzburg.

Delirium has the same option--evade or fight.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

The battle results in another flag overrun, though not before another French CU succumbs to pass attrition.

Napoleon and 5 CUs remain in the newly-flagged Salzburg.

Britain's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Britain flags Dublin and shuffles some fleets around in the Med.

Russia is up.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Attack Napoleon, for the love of god!