News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Napoleon blunts the advance, but only just so.  3 French and 2 Austrian CUs bite it and the Austrians must stop in Venice.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Schwarzenberg continues to drive Napoleon before him on his road to Paris!

Russia is up!
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Viking

Austria and Prussia are spent and Austria will take Venice unless France takes it back. Britain should take Dublin back with even just 1 CP. So Berkut, you will be playing Parliament to benefit Russia. I await my card with excitement, you don't have to play it immediately.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Bagration and 6 CU from Munich to Zurich

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

OK viking, what is your play suggestion for Parliament?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 20, 2009, 10:21:27 PM

You play it to give me the card it can give me.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on April 20, 2009, 10:24:22 PM

And tell me why this is the most reasonable play for the coalition - remember that stipulation?

I am pretty sure I did not say I would play it for you regardless.

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 20, 2009, 10:42:36 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 20, 2009, 10:24:22 PM

And tell me why this is the most reasonable play for the coalition - remember that stipulation?

I am pretty sure I did not say I would play it for you regardless.

It will enable me to make further attacks on France with my assembled AG Kutuzov this turn.

Viking

If that doesn't sound reasonable despite being reasonable. The card will be use to send the largest Coalition Army to attack whichever Imperial Army that provides the best target. If no Imperial Army presents any sort of target (i.e. refuse to defend) it will be use to take Lyon and Milan from the Imperial Camp.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Britain: Sweden: Play Strategy card as Event

#102: 2 / Duke d'Enghien Affair

Message from Britain:
No Power may join the Imperial Camp in the next Interphase. All Consuls on an Imperial nation's row of the Diplomatic Track not already in Pact status move one box to the left. If the Consul is in +1 status, it is also flipped to its normal side. Unlike other diplomatic events, this may be played during the first round of 1805.

Just in case anyone is getting any funny ideas...

0 rows returned

Berkut

Since Sweden didn't do anything, there won't be a file coming. Off to France!

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Davout takes over the remainder of the Kingdom of Naples, sweeping the rest of the British out.

British are up.  Let's hope their dealings with the Irish continue to remain on par.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

#902: 5 / Parliament

Message from Britain:
Send a card to the Dirty Russians.

1/1: Moore+4 attacks Dublin

Britain: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 10

Message from Britain:
Attack on Dublin, Part II.

English get 7 dice, French get 3

Dublin falls, but no overrun.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan