News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Debate #1

Started by jimmy olsen, August 04, 2015, 10:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 05, 2015, 01:55:58 PM
Ted Cruz is a lot smarter than Perry.  Much more dangerous for that reason but I wouldn't call him a worse candidate

Cane toads are smarter then Perry, and probably more dangerous.  Ted Cruz lacks discipline.  He's a bomb thrower with no respect for protocol.  If he goes to high the GOP will crush him for his impudence.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Ted Cruz is a lot smarter than Perry.  Much more dangerous for that reason but I wouldn't call him a worse candidate

But Ted Cruz says so many dumb things. Either he is dumber than his biography or he is a complete fraud. Neither answer is reassuring.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on August 05, 2015, 02:11:48 PM

Cane toads are smarter then Perry, and probably more dangerous.  Ted Cruz Donald Trump lacks discipline.  He's a bomb thrower with no respect for protocol.  If he goes to high the GOP will crush him for his impudence.

edited

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: alfred russel on August 05, 2015, 02:20:32 PM

But Ted Cruz says so many dumb things. Either he is dumber than his biography or he is a complete fraud GOP primary candidate. Neither answer is reassuring.

Fixed
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 05, 2015, 02:28:29 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 05, 2015, 02:11:48 PM

Cane toads are smarter then Perry, and probably more dangerous.  Ted Cruz Donald Trump lacks discipline.  He's a bomb thrower with no respect for protocol.  If he goes to high the GOP will crush him for his impudence.

edited

Ted Cruz violated protocol in the Senate.  Big Mistake.  They'll make him pay for it.  Donald Trump is a clown.  Eventually people will get bored of him bike horn and unicycle act and he'll just disappear.  At least, if nobody digs deep into his finances and finds something disastrous.  He's a louder, more extreme version of Herman Cain.  When it come down to the real campaign this winter people will focus on serious things.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on August 05, 2015, 12:33:14 PM
Which of the other ten do you think is a worse candidate than Perry, Tim?

About the only thing I know about Perry is that he couldn't even name the three federal agencies he wanted to abolish four years ago...

Well, Carson and Huckabee are definitely more insane than Perry. Although I am willing to agree that Perry is dumber. So it depends on your definition of "worse".

alfred russel

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 05, 2015, 02:29:17 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 05, 2015, 02:20:32 PM

But Ted Cruz says so many dumb things. Either he is dumber than his biography or he is a complete fraud GOP primary candidate. Neither answer is reassuring.

Fixed

He has been saying really dumb things for so many years...Has he really been a GOP primary candidate that long?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

The Minsky Moment

Pretty clear that his entire political career to date has been with an eye to building a national brand.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

Which ones are not Kochsuckers?

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

alfred russel

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 05, 2015, 05:07:52 PM
Pretty clear that his entire political career to date has been with an eye to building a national brand.

And what a brand he has built.

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on August 05, 2015, 07:35:56 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 05, 2015, 05:07:52 PM

And what a brand he has built.

Could very well build him into jail.

HisMajestyBOB

Two questions:
1. Anyone know which websites will have decent-quality streaming?
2. What alcohol should I drink while watching the debate? Nothing too expensive please - I'm a grad student.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?