Who would you vote if the 2016 election is Trump vs. Sanders

Started by jimmy olsen, August 03, 2015, 11:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote if the 2016 election is Trump vs. Sanders?

American - I'd vote for Trump
11 (13.8%)
American - I'd vote for Sanders
27 (33.8%)
American - I'd vote for a right wing third party candidate
2 (2.5%)
American - I'd vote for a left wing third party candidate
2 (2.5%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for Trump
8 (10%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for Sanders
25 (31.3%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for a right wing third party candidate
1 (1.3%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for a left wing third party candidate
4 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 22, 2016, 12:07:34 PM
Sometimes you dont actually read the thread before posting, so I will assume you are not wilfully taking me out of context.  Go back to what I said is considered Western.  And really are you just arguing for shits and giggles or do you actually think of Brazil when people refer to Western countries.

I do indeed think that and have stated so numerous times in the many times we have had this exact conversation in the past.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2016, 12:42:47 PM

I do indeed think that and have stated so numerous times in the many times we have had this exact conversation in the past.

There may be a perception barrier between those of us in the southern half of the US that are heavily exposed to the culture of Latin America and those that are not. I've never felt that Latin America is particularly foreign (though in many cases poor and dangerous).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

You could solve this problem by considering Spain, Portugal and Italy as Southern European rather then Western European.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on January 22, 2016, 12:51:14 PM
You could solve this problem by considering Spain, Portugal and Italy as Southern European rather then Western European.
:yes: That would solve a lot of problems for the Western Europeans.  Though maybe Northern Italy should be part of Western Europe.

celedhring

I guess the fact that I'm Catalan skews things a bit, but I don't feel culturally closer to, say, Argentina than to the rest of Western Europe.  :hmm:

Love Messi tho.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on January 22, 2016, 03:11:52 PM
I guess the fact that I'm Catalan skews things a bit, but I don't feel culturally closer to, say, Argentina than to the rest of Western Europe.  :hmm:

Love Messi tho.

I think the EU has accelerated certain cultural changes, especially among countries in the early rounds of entry.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?