Who would you vote if the 2016 election is Trump vs. Sanders

Started by jimmy olsen, August 03, 2015, 11:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote if the 2016 election is Trump vs. Sanders?

American - I'd vote for Trump
11 (13.8%)
American - I'd vote for Sanders
27 (33.8%)
American - I'd vote for a right wing third party candidate
2 (2.5%)
American - I'd vote for a left wing third party candidate
2 (2.5%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for Trump
8 (10%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for Sanders
25 (31.3%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for a right wing third party candidate
1 (1.3%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for a left wing third party candidate
4 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 21, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 21, 2016, 04:59:01 PM
Wow.

God Damn America.

I thought you were French? Sanders might be far left here, but he'd be a centrist over there.

Yeah and Mussolini might be a brutal dictator in Italy but he would be a gentle bunny rabbit in Russia. But Italy is not Russia so...

Anyway Sanders lacks the political connections or talent to do any of the things he wants to do and he certainly could never get the votes to increase government revenues to fund them. His election would be a disaster.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on January 21, 2016, 05:38:27 PM
Anyway Sanders lacks the political connections or talent to do any of the things he wants to do and he certainly could never get the votes to increase government revenues to fund them. His election would be a disaster.

Yeah (and not saying he was a disaster by any stretch) but didn't we already have a recent president without political connections?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2016, 05:40:40 PM
Yeah (and not saying he was a disaster by any stretch) but didn't we already have a recent president without political connections?

Yeah but the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress. Still was pretty ineffectual.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on January 21, 2016, 05:48:22 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2016, 05:40:40 PM

Yeah but the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress. Still was pretty ineffectual.

Well yeah, having one's own party in power doesn't mean much if you aren't well-connected. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on January 21, 2016, 05:38:27 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 21, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 21, 2016, 04:59:01 PM
Wow.

God Damn America.

I thought you were French? Sanders might be far left here, but he'd be a centrist over there.

Yeah and Mussolini might be a brutal dictator in Italy but he would be a gentle bunny rabbit in Russia. But Italy is not Russia so...

If politicians of Sanders ilk can run a western country without running it into the ground, I see no reason to believe that he can't do the same.  Politicians of Trump's ilk don't have nearly as good a record.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 21, 2016, 06:33:01 PM
If politicians of Sanders ilk can run a western country without running it into the ground, I see no reason to believe that he can't do the same.  Politicians of Trump's ilk don't have nearly as good a record.

Sanders is much more qualified for the job than Trump. Not saying much but...

Liep

This is the first time I've seen a political poll where the American and Euro votes are so alike. :hug:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Plenty of western countries have been run into the ground by politicians of Sanders' ilk.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2016, 07:01:07 PM

Plenty of western countries have been run into the ground by politicians of Sanders' ilk.

What countries do you have in mind?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on January 21, 2016, 08:33:40 PM

Most of Latin America at some point or another.  Big chunks of Europe, to lesser and greater degrees.

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2016, 07:01:07 PM

Greece.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2016, 08:47:50 PM

Most of Latin America at some point or another.  Big chunks of Europe, to lesser and greater degrees.

You were asked which western countries you meant and you fall back on Latin America? 

Ouch.

Razgovory

Fortuantly Latin America has been spared touch of flamboyant oligarchs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

If I remember correctly, the UK was bailed out by the IMF in the mid 70s.