News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

That's a good solution for a while, yes. Eventually you'll want to get energy-increasing tech bonuses, solar power modules on your spaceports, etc. Once a planet is maxed out on pops you'll also want to remove any unnecessary farms, which can be replaced with more power plants; just keep a small food surplus. With late-game food bonuses I generally have one or two farms on each planet because that's all I need (there's also a food-producing spaceport module). Betharian power plants also produce a fuckton of energy compared to normal ones, so get all the Betharian stone you can.

Tamas

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on May 19, 2016, 04:43:37 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2016, 03:43:12 AM
In early stages but I see on steam there is now a user who has uploaded fairly decent animated species sprites for the Cardassians (just one male and one female), Bajorans (looks large like an overlay of the nasal feature on typical humans) and Andorians. Haven't tried the latter as 1) preview image looks a little shoddy / that always looked like a ridiculous Star Trek race.

Who do they have as a male Cardassian? Kanye?

:rolleyes:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Solmyr on May 19, 2016, 07:04:09 AM
That's a good solution for a while, yes. Eventually you'll want to get energy-increasing tech bonuses, solar power modules on your spaceports, etc. Once a planet is maxed out on pops you'll also want to remove any unnecessary farms, which can be replaced with more power plants; just keep a small food surplus. With late-game food bonuses I generally have one or two farms on each planet because that's all I need (there's also a food-producing spaceport module). Betharian power plants also produce a fuckton of energy compared to normal ones, so get all the Betharian stone you can.

How do I calculate how much food I need?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

Main colony display, you can see your current food surplus.

HVC

I got attack be the ai (good) and they invaded a planet, but now I can't bombard the planet to win it back.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

Are the fortifications rebuilding?  Or are you saying you can't land armies?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Darth Wagtaros

I absolutely suck at this game. I got up to three planets last night, before I was exterminated by a much more powerful empire.
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 19, 2016, 09:01:27 AM
I absolutely suck at this game. I got up to three planets last night, before I was exterminated by a much more powerful empire.

For the moment, I'm letting the game build the best model of ships available to me...after I had a war where virtually all of my fleets were wiped out but the day was saved by my ally. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I got banged up pretty badly in my last game as a Xenophile Expansionist; overplayed my hand and got overwhelmed.

Gonna try something more pacifist now, and attempt more diplomatic expansion and/or a federation.

HVC

Quote from: Habbaku on May 19, 2016, 08:27:21 AM
i orbit the planet but my ships don't attack the planet that used to be mine so it stays at full fortification and shred my landing parties.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on May 19, 2016, 07:13:00 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 19, 2016, 04:43:37 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2016, 03:43:12 AM
In early stages but I see on steam there is now a user who has uploaded fairly decent animated species sprites for the Cardassians (just one male and one female), Bajorans (looks large like an overlay of the nasal feature on typical humans) and Andorians. Haven't tried the latter as 1) preview image looks a little shoddy / that always looked like a ridiculous Star Trek race.

Who do they have as a male Cardassian? Kanye?

:rolleyes:

No kidding, it should be the family's lone patriarch(these days), Robert.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

Quote from: HVC on May 19, 2016, 09:24:11 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 19, 2016, 08:27:21 AM
i orbit the planet but my ships don't attack the planet that used to be mine so it stays at full fortification and shred my landing parties.

Did you right-click on the planet with your battle fleet (not transports) selected? What is your orbital bombardment policy? Are you actually at war with the party occupying the planet?

HVC

I right clicked with the fleet, and they go to the planet, but when I check the planet screen the bombardment options are greyed out. I have no option to attack with my battle fleet. I can attack the enemy planets fine, just not my own invaded planet.

Zanza

Every modern software development method stresses that you should deliver a minimum viable product and then incrementally improve that based on real customer feedback. So what they do here is just state of the art.