News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Any Languish vegetarians?

Started by Martinus, July 30, 2015, 02:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2015, 08:19:26 AM
I find it fascinating that, having asked vegetarians for tips, I instead get lectures from non-vegetarians telling me why vegetarianism is stupid.  :D

That's like asking for parenting tips, only to be told that one should not have kids in the first place. Or asking for running shoes' recommendations, only to be told that running is bad for your knees and you should try swimming instead.
Sometimes the question being asked isn't at all the what the original poster wants to talk about.  Sometimes it's just a cry for help.

Martinus

So, giving up on this. Meat is too good.  :blush:

Brezel

Try cutting down consumption instead.

Martinus

Also, vegetarians seem to be horribly sanctimonious assholes.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on August 06, 2015, 03:15:49 AM

I really hope you're not this shallow when it comes to your professional activities. :yeahright:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on August 03, 2015, 06:52:54 PM
Sometimes the question being asked isn't at all the what the original poster wants to talk about.  Sometimes it's just a cry for help attention.

FIXTED
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Brazen

Well that lasted longer than your usual fads :P

Why not try meat-free Fridays like the good Catholic boy you are?

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on August 06, 2015, 09:24:11 AM

I really hope you're not this shallow when it comes to your professional activities. :yeahright:

G.
What does that have to do with anything?

garbon

Oh you! :P

Actually I did the vegetarian thing for 6 months in college and then gave it up for meat.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I wouldn't do the vegetarian thing for 6 seconds, because it's dumb. Harumph.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I would be willing to try the vegetarian thing.  Not out of morality, but simply out of health concerns.  I do need to lose some weight.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on August 06, 2015, 11:15:04 PM
I would be willing to try the vegetarian thing.  Not out of morality, but simply out of health concerns.  I do need to lose some weight.

Unless you're in the Crazy Canuck clan, your weight is probably the result of junk food rather than meat. I know mine is.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I would do a vegetarian if she's cute enough.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 06, 2015, 11:17:15 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 06, 2015, 11:15:04 PM

Unless you're in the Crazy Canuck clan, your weight is probably the result of junk food rather than meat. I know mine is.  :blush:

Yep, in fact I'm a believer in the paleo thing now.  Or at least a toned down version that allows for moderate beer consumption :D   Eat plenty of lean protein and cut out the sugar and starches. I can pretty much eat as much beef jerky as I want, which does a great job of canceling out hunger.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall