News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Any Languish vegetarians?

Started by Martinus, July 30, 2015, 02:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I don't really feel a need to justify what I eat. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2015, 08:19:26 AM
I find it fascinating that, having asked vegetarians for tips, I instead get lectures from non-vegetarians telling me why vegetarianism is stupid.  :D

That's like asking for parenting tips, only to be told that one should not have kids in the first place. Or asking for running shoes' recommendations, only to be told that running is bad for your knees and you should try swimming instead.

Except that Languish has numerous vocal parents and runners.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2015, 08:31:55 AM

See, now that makes it more difficult to feel morally superior to other people.  Might want to re-think that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on July 31, 2015, 09:00:11 AM

See, now that makes it more difficult to feel morally superior to other people.  Might want to re-think that.

I don't think so. If you are convinced you are right, you don't need to spend time justifying your actions to peons.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2015, 09:02:34 AM

I don't think so. If you are convinced you are right, you don't need to spend time justifying your actions to peons.

Just eat people who disapprove of your eating habits ... problem: solved!  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on July 31, 2015, 09:24:55 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2015, 09:02:34 AM

Just eat people who disapprove of your eating habits ... problem: solved!  ;)

But then you'll become tainted by their mediocrity. :weep:

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2015, 09:50:51 AM

That's what excretion is for.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

PDH

Quote from: Malthus on July 31, 2015, 10:04:52 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2015, 09:50:51 AM

That's what excretion is for.  :D

Excretion is the better part of valor.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Siege

Martinus, if Cecil were kosher I would eat his ass.
As a matter of fact, I will eat double meat from now one to make up for the ones you will not eat.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

DontSayBanana

I've considered going the meatless/severely meat-reduced route, but "I like meat" turns out to be a huge problem for a hedonist like me. :blush:
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on July 31, 2015, 01:47:51 PM
Martinus, if Cecil were kosher I would eat his ass.
As a matter of fact, I will eat double meat from now one to make up for the ones you will not eat.

What if he doubles the amount of meat he doesn't eat in response? Will you then eat quadruple meat?  :hmm:

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Martinus

God, I can't stand vegetarians already. What a bunch of sanctimonious fucks.

Found a nearby vegetarian restaurant on Facebook, in hopes of going to eat there - only to find out they don't hire non-vegetarians because "they lack the sensitivity". Not only it is probably illegal (it is clear discrimination in employment), they flaunt their fanaticism as if it was a virtue.

Razgovory

Christ, I leave for a week and marty gets even more annoying because a tooth engineer shot a cat 3,000 miles away.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017