"Predator" teacher gets 22 years for sex with students

Started by Syt, July 07, 2015, 07:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Monoriu on July 07, 2015, 09:40:02 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 07, 2015, 09:23:09 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 07, 2015, 08:50:18 AM
She looks pretty good for a 30 year old, and without make-up.  Surprised that she can't find normal boyfriends.

And is 22 years a bit excessive?  :unsure:  I mean, her victims were willing participants, there was no use of force I presume.

22 years is excessive for any crime, and basically amounts to torture (often, it also amounts to a death sentence).

I'll have no problem with 22 years if a teacher raped his students  :mad:

And I have no problem with putting forcible rapists or genuine pedophiles to death.  But jailing someone for 22 years is asinine.

Anyway, while I'm sympathetic to the idea that student-fucking, being a crime committed by an agent of the State entrusted with State business, should also involve the death penalty, I imagine it's probably more just to simply fire them and bar them from teaching, that is, if they've not committed statutory rape or used their position to coerce sex from their students.  (Obviously, granting favors to student partners and subverting the State's goal of sorting children by merit and matching them to their best and highest function in the economy should probably be punished by death.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 09:41:44 AM
Based on the flood of these stories coming out in the internet age I see so pattern at all by attractiveness. HOTT and non-HOTT women get in trouble for this sort of thing.

But I'm guessing the news coverage increases with the HOTTness factor.  Which gives you the impression that HOTT outweighs non-HOTT.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2015, 09:53:55 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 09:41:44 AM
Based on the flood of these stories coming out in the internet age I see so pattern at all by attractiveness. HOTT and non-HOTT women get in trouble for this sort of thing.

But I'm guessing the news coverage increases with the HOTTness factor.  Which gives you the impression that HOTT outweighs non-HOTT.

Not necessarily but maybe the news that catches people's attention on Languish :P

I like the assholes all 'where were these teachers when I was in school.' Um dude they were all over the place. We just did not have the internet to let us know about it and the media was much more discrete in general. The teacher who has sex with his/her students is a trope for reason. Also like many sex fantasies the reality is actually pretty terrible.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2015, 09:40:24 AM
Quote from: Malthus on July 07, 2015, 09:01:57 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 07, 2015, 08:50:18 AM
She looks pretty good for a 30 year old, and without make-up.  Surprised that she can't find normal boyfriends.

And is 22 years a bit excessive?  :unsure:  I mean, her victims were willing participants, there was no use of force I presume.

My impression of such situations is that it is the very 'forbidden-ness' of the sex that these folks find exciting and attractive. So the availability of normal age-appropriate boyfriends would not have made a difference.

I understand Mono's confusion, though.  My assumption is usually that the female teacher is unattractive and doe these things out of desperation.  And a lot of times that is the case.  It's just when she is actually attractive that it's news, I guess.

I think that assumption may or may not be justified. I would have thought, our society being what it is, it was a lot easier for all but the absolute ugliest of women to get sex from someone legally if they are "desperate" enough to lower their standards  - men may have a bit more of a problem in that respect.

I think it more likely that those excited by the notion of screwing kids would attempt to take jobs in which access to kids is easy - whether or not they are attractive - so as to put their plans into action. In short, it is not sexually frustrated teachers that is the cause, but those who are looking for exactly what they got.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 09:57:13 AM
I like the assholes all 'where were these teachers when I was in school.' Um dude they were all over the place. We just did not have the internet to let us know about it and the media was much more discrete in general. The teacher who has sex with his/her students is a trope for reason.

In my high school you could pick out the likely male teachers that seemed a bit pervy.  But if there were any female teachers that had such temptations or tendencies, they hid it well.

QuoteAlso like many sex fantasies the reality is actually pretty terrible.

Generally agree.  But I'm not sure I'd have been too damaged by it by the time I reached high school.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2015, 10:06:00 AM
In my high school you could pick out the likely male teachers that seemed a bit pervy.  But if there were any female teachers that had such temptations or tendencies, they hid it well.

Or maybe your Pedodar is broken? What sorts of behaviors would you expect a female pred to have? Because I worked with one and I never would have known in a million years until one of the kids approached me with how she was doing some really creepy shit to him.

Generally agree.  But I'm not sure I'd have been too damaged by it by the time I reached high school.

Fortunately we will never know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

We had a PE teacher in 6th grade who would often "accidentally" walk through the girl's locker room into the gym. And have a visible boner afterwards. When a student commented on his erection the teacher once slapped him. It was a bit of a scandal, but nothing came of it except an apology from the teacher to the student. He retired a few years ago (the teacher, not the student).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

See Spicey if that was a female perv there would be no erection to be visible.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 10:08:48 AM

Or maybe your Pedodar is broken? What sorts of behaviors would you expect a female pred to have? Because I worked with one and I never would have known in a million years until one of the kids approached me with how she was doing some really creepy shit to him.

I would say that my experiences based on those I knew do match with what D said. It was only two male teachers but one was actually fired (gay pass at student) and then the other wasn't but later married a former student of his within a year of her graduating. :rolleyes:

Not that you can easily spot a pedophile but I'd say that in school, there was general knowledge in the student body of the two males teachers I noted above.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2015, 10:14:41 AM
then the other wasn't but later married a former student of his within a year of her graduating.

Ah yes the long game. Well for her sake I hope he stopped being 'that guy' but I doubt it.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 10:08:48 AM
Or maybe your Pedodar is broken? What sorts of behaviors would you expect a female pred to have?

Zero idea.  Obviously they were more discreet than their male counterparts.  The male perv teachers (whether they were actively predatory or just 'mere' pervs) made minimal effort to conceal their attraction to certain female students.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 10:12:45 AM
See Spicey if that was a female perv there would be no erection to be visible.

True, BUT we had a (semi-attractive FWIW) female English teacher in junior high who was all feminazi and didn't wear a bra.  I swear every time someone mentioned Jon Bonjovi her damned nipples got hard. 

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on July 07, 2015, 07:56:34 AM
The senator is an idiot, but as a politician he's excused. :P

I'm afraid in America a judge is also a politician as he gets elected. Judges being elected in a public vote is more baffling than anything that article said or quoted.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2015, 10:24:32 AM
I swear every time someone mentioned Jon Bonjovi her damned nipples got hard. 

Well that is just adorable.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on July 07, 2015, 10:25:17 AM
Quote from: Syt on July 07, 2015, 07:56:34 AM
The senator is an idiot, but as a politician he's excused. :P

I'm afraid in America a judge is also a politician as he gets elected. Judges being elected in a public vote is more baffling than anything that article said or quoted.

I have explained this to you many times since the inception of this board. Frontier traditions and mistrust of elites and populism blah blah.