"Predator" teacher gets 22 years for sex with students

Started by Syt, July 07, 2015, 07:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 08:00:59 AM
14 year old girls can easily look 17 or 18 though so without actually doing some research he couldn't have known that. It is not like he could have checked her driver's license or anything.

I don't think it is a relevant excuse / I don't think we've ever allowed that excuse?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2015, 08:25:22 AM
14 year old girls can easily look 17 or 18 though so without actually doing some research he couldn't have known that. It is not like he could have checked her driver's license or anything.

I don't think it is a relevant excuse / I don't think we've ever allowed that excuse?

I think that is a perfectly relevant piece of evidence in determining if somebody is a dangerous threat to society versus an irresponsible person doing something they assumed was fine and legal. Is intent important in criminal law?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

She looks pretty good for a 30 year old, and without make-up.  Surprised that she can't find normal boyfriends.

And is 22 years a bit excessive?  :unsure:  I mean, her victims were willing participants, there was no use of force I presume.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2015, 08:25:22 AM

It is true that this excuse has never been allowed, but that does not mean that this attitude is not retarded.  Strict criminal liability as a concept is beyond repugnant.

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on July 07, 2015, 08:50:18 AM
She looks pretty good for a 30 year old, and without make-up.  Surprised that she can't find normal boyfriends.

And is 22 years a bit excessive?  :unsure:  I mean, her victims were willing participants, there was no use of force I presume.

She is a sexual predator who was grooming these kids and evidence suggests fucked them up pretty good. And this was many kids over many years.

And it is not about inability to find normal partners. Some of the most infamous sexual predators in history also had perfectly normal families on the side.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

Nice to see women being treat equally for once
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

My impression of such situations is that it is the very 'forbidden-ness' of the sex that these folks find exciting and attractive. So the availability of normal age-appropriate boyfriends would not have made a difference.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Leaving aside the senselessness of strict liability (particularly for a teenager who can barely be assumed to not commit criminal acts that require a mens rea), have any of these "sorry, I'm really 14" people ever been arrested for criminal fraud, or at least sued for tortious fraud?  Seems like it would be an easy case to make.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

22 years is excessive for any crime, and basically amounts to torture (often, it also amounts to a death sentence).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on July 07, 2015, 09:23:09 AM

22 years is excessive for any crime, and basically amounts to torture (often, it also amounts to a death sentence).

It's enhanced torture techniques. :contract:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Monoriu

Quote from: Ideologue on July 07, 2015, 09:23:09 AM

I'll have no problem with 22 years if a teacher raped his students  :mad:

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on July 07, 2015, 09:01:57 AM

My impression of such situations is that it is the very 'forbidden-ness' of the sex that these folks find exciting and attractive. So the availability of normal age-appropriate boyfriends would not have made a difference.

I understand Mono's confusion, though.  My assumption is usually that the female teacher is unattractive and doe these things out of desperation.  And a lot of times that is the case.  It's just when she is actually attractive that it's news, I guess.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Based on the flood of these stories coming out in the internet age I see so pattern at all by attractiveness. HOTT and non-HOTT women get in trouble for this sort of thing.

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on July 07, 2015, 09:40:02 AM
I'll have no problem with 22 years if a teacher raped his students  :mad:

Predators do not generally forcibly have sex with kids they manipulate them into doing it. It is called grooming and that is what she was doing. It is considered rape.