1 (2.4%)
The Phantom Menace (1999)
0 (0%)
Other
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 40

dps

Quote from: celedhring on June 29, 2015, 02:34:51 PM
Pulp Fiction is one of the most influential movies of the past 25 years. For that reason I wouldn't call it "most 90s of the 90s", since its influence has expanded past that decade.

I went with Reality Bites. Quintessential "X generation" film (and I don't mean that as a good thing).

Yeah, I think that's pretty much spot-on.  There are a lot of better films that were made in the 90s--in fact, I don't even think that I'd consider it a good film--but I don't think there are any that are more "90s" than Reality Bites.

Ideologue

Surely Reality Bites' influence has lasted longer than the 1990s however.  For example, they still let Ben Stiller direct terrible movies, for example.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Savonarola

Quote from: Ideologue on July 01, 2015, 01:38:23 AM
Surely Reality Bites' influence has lasted longer than the 1990s however.  For example, they still let Ben Stiller direct terrible movies, for example.

:lol:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Ideologue on June 30, 2015, 02:56:44 AM
But every movie is technically one of the best ever made. 

QuoteBut Phantom of the Opera is better. 

Do you just seed these lines to check and see if anyone is actually reading?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ideologue

Better than Pulp Fiction.

You know who people love, Joan? People who make snarky comments about minor verbal follies, made in extemporaneous conversation, that are instantly reconciled by any reader with fluency in the language and no cognitive disability. It's especially charming when the person obviously derived the intended meaning and is just being a style Nazi. And people ask why I don't want to be a lawyer. This is what the lawyer's mind is like.

I mean, if you're going to do that, hit me where it actually hurts and point out my embarrassing use of "for example" twice in the same sentence. Now that's inartful drafting.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)