Gay Marriage Upheld by USSC in Close Ruling

Started by Syt, June 26, 2015, 09:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on September 03, 2015, 01:13:08 PM
Quote... Judge Bunning said."If you give people the opportunity to choose which orders they follow, that's what potentially causes problems."

Uh-oh, the Nuremberg cases just imploded.
:XD:

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2015, 01:00:02 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 03, 2015, 12:53:54 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2015, 09:28:33 AM
It is just shows how miraculous the Constitutional convention of 1787 was. It could never be repeated.
if you exclude black, indians and women from participating in the works, it will be significantly easier, just like 1787 ;)

Um have you looked at what nutters white guys in this country are today? The blacks, Native Americans, and women are the only thing preventing another ACW.
Yes, the US certainly needs more Ann Coulter to prevent another ACW :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on September 03, 2015, 01:42:07 PM
What will happen if he refuses to carry out his orders against this crackpot?  Can his officer execute him for insubordination?
He's an annoying douche, so I hope so?  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

:lmfao:

QuoteGay-Hating Westboro Church Protests Ky. Clerk Who Denied Same-Sex Marriages
by M. ALEX JOHNSON

In what may be the pinnacle of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" activism, Westboro Baptist — the unaffiliated Kansas church known for its virulently anti-gay agenda — is attacking the Kentucky court clerk who refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses in defiance of court orders.

Westboro, or WBC, is notorious and widely scorned for picketing funerals for service members of victims of mass shootings to draw attention to its "God Hates Fags" argument that God is punishing America for accommodating homosexuality.

Referring to Jeremiah 3:20 — the King James version of which reads, "Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the LORD" — WBC undertook a P.R. campaign over the weekend, attacking the thrice-divorced (and legally remarried) Davis in a string of Tweets and YouTube videos as an "oath breaker" and a "lawbreaker" — meaning, of course, God's law.

"Get this straight: you can NOT repent of a sin you actively live. Kim must leave that man who's not her husband," the organization said on Twitter.

As if to clarify how it could so viciously attack someone who's fighting for its own principles, the group said, "Proud adulterers who divorce/remarry and refuse to call it a sin are no more a WBC member than a proud fag."
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on September 06, 2015, 07:58:27 PM
In what may be the pinnacle of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" activism,

:huh:

This is pretty clearly the opposite of that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 06, 2015, 08:28:00 PM
In what may be the pinnacle of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" activism,

:huh:

This is pretty clearly the opposite of that.

Yeah, it's more like "the enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy"

dps

With Westboro, it's more "Everyone but us is an enemy".

Fireblade

Jaron and I are talking shit to my virulently homophobic state senator right now. He threatened to shoot one of his constituents in the Lowe's parking lot  because he disagreed with his support for Kim Davis.

The Supreme Court decision this summer is truly a gift that keeps on giving. :wub:

Edit: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/arkansas-republican-says-hell-shoot-you-if-you-ask-him-about-his-job-in-public/#.VezfgvkVbyw.twitter

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

It so good to see you two united to use your powers for good instead of evil :cry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Fireblade

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2015, 11:02:37 PM
It so good to see you two united to use your powers for good instead of evil :cry:

Other people have fought to normalize faggotry by marching, protesting, writing letters, and suing to remove discriminatory laws. We don't have those talents. Instead, we're doing our part to make queers accepted by thunderdoming a no-name state senator from Bumfuck, Arkansas.

Martinus

QuoteGay-Hating Westboro Church Protests Ky. Clerk Who Denied Same-Sex Marriages
by M. ALEX JOHNSON

In what may be the pinnacle of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" activism, Westboro Baptist — the unaffiliated Kansas church known for its virulently anti-gay agenda — is attacking the Kentucky court clerk who refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses in defiance of court orders.

Westboro, or WBC, is notorious and widely scorned for picketing funerals for service members of victims of mass shootings to draw attention to its "God Hates Fags" argument that God is punishing America for accommodating homosexuality.

Referring to Jeremiah 3:20 — the King James version of which reads, "Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the LORD" — WBC undertook a P.R. campaign over the weekend, attacking the thrice-divorced (and legally remarried) Davis in a string of Tweets and YouTube videos as an "oath breaker" and a "lawbreaker" — meaning, of course, God's law.

"Get this straight: you can NOT repent of a sin you actively live. Kim must leave that man who's not her husband," the organization said on Twitter.

As if to clarify how it could so viciously attack someone who's fighting for its own principles, the group said, "Proud adulterers who divorce/remarry and refuse to call it a sin are no more a WBC member than a proud fag."

I gotta say, WBC may be the only Christians I actually respect - because, unlike most of the other Bible-based religions, they actually follow what their "word of God".

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on September 07, 2015, 12:00:42 AM

by M. ALEX JOHNSON

I gotta say, WBC may be the only Christians I actually respect - because, unlike most of the other Bible-based religions, they actually follow what their "word of God".

Do you seriously mean to say of all Christians world wide these are the only ones you respect? That seems very short sighted of you.

Martinus

Quote from: dps on September 06, 2015, 09:57:22 PM

Nah, they simply follow the Bible, unlike most "Christians".

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on September 07, 2015, 12:03:43 AM
Quote from: dps on September 06, 2015, 09:57:22 PM

Nah, they simply follow the Bible, unlike most "Christians".

Cretin.