And we're back!

Main Menu

Musings on nature of Facebook

Started by Martinus, June 26, 2015, 12:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Edited out for content. :P

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

I had people unfriend me on Facebook after Obama beat Romney. I didn't help by needling the shit outta them. They really got pissed when I told them I voted for Obama.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Lettow77

It's strange to think there are people who sink into such passionate and unstinting support of Romney. I wonder what percentage of them had heard of the man before the primary?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

11B4V

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 26, 2015, 12:53:14 AM
It's strange to think there are people who sink into such passionate and unstinting support of Romney. I wonder what percentage of them had heard of the man before the primary?
They drank the koolaid.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 26, 2015, 12:53:14 AM
He did come in 2nd in the 2008 primary, was governor of Mass., managed the Winter Olympics in Utah, son of a prominent politician, not exactly a darkhorse who came out of nowhere.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on June 26, 2015, 12:22:10 AM
Ok, so now there is another post, courtesy of AmScip, on my feed, from yet another (not previously mentioned) troll/idiot he is friends with, who claims that the rainbow LGBT flag is as offensive as the confederate flag and should be similarly banned.

Why does he have so many idiots as friends?
It's soaked in the blood of unicorns!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Mart, Scip might be friends with some of those folks for more professional than personal reasons... and he doesn't exactly live in a liberal area of the US. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

I noticed that my recent regular yoga and meditation practice actually increased my levels of aggression. :P

Maybe I am aggressive by nature and trying to be nice to people is simply living in denial.  :hmm:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.