Why are we criminalizing childhood independence?

Started by jimmy olsen, January 15, 2015, 08:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Warspite on January 16, 2015, 02:16:33 PM
I do find it ironic the suggestion that to counter the pussification of society we need to encourage more people to be cnuts.

It's inevitable.  Can't hold back the tide.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on January 16, 2015, 06:53:40 AM
I was bullied mercilessly as a child. :(  The psychiatric thought that it might have caused me to go mad. :lmfao:

And? Didn't you learn to fight the bullies?
That's an important step in life.
It is good for you, because you learn to defend yourself and stand for what is right, and good for the bullies because they realize the 2nd law of thermodynamics apply in social life. The more you push the more resistance you get.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on June 15, 2015, 11:33:33 AM
It is good for you, because you learn to defend yourself and stand for what is right, and good for the bullies because they realize the 2nd law of thermodynamics apply in social life. The more you push the more resistance you get.

Pretty sure that law has nothing to do with Thermodynamics but rather it is Newton's Third Law of Motion :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I was bullied but I did indeed eventually stand up to the bully and kick his ass. :cool:

It was like George McFly in Back to the Future when he suddenly changes and knocks Biff out. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on January 16, 2015, 06:53:40 AM
I was bullied mercilessly as a child. :(  The psychiatric thought that it might have caused me to go mad. :lmfao:

I think his problem is that he didn't learn when not to fight. Also, you're probably thinking of Newton's Second Law. The 2d law of thermodynamics states that entropy increases over time.

Edit- Newton's Third Law- for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Stop nitpicking. My arguments are always right and cannot be broken.

Maybe I am misremembering because that Newton guy pirated the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics to "invent" his 3rd law.
Plagiarism is everywhere these days, man.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

frunk

Quote from: Siege on June 15, 2015, 12:01:58 PM
Maybe I am misremembering because that Newton guy pirated the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics to "invent" his 3rd law.

Sometimes you make my brain hurt Siege.  This is definitely one of those days.

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on June 15, 2015, 12:01:58 PM
Stop nitpicking. My arguments are always right and cannot be broken.

:lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Just as Maryland has an attack of common sense, Florida picks up the gauntlet and arrests parents for getting stuck and traffic, thus causing their son to be "neglected" for 90 minutes while playing basketball in their yard. :bleeding:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/parents-charged-neglect-after-leaving-5891891
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point