News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Just finished up nine holes walking.  Shot 46, only one foot wedge.  I had juice left to walk another nine, but I didn't want to push my luck after Tuesday's melt down.

Razgovory

I think my younger brother just had a heart attack.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

Quote from: Razgovory on July 15, 2016, 03:38:17 PM
I think my younger brother just had a heart attack.

:( Is he ok?

Razgovory

No idea.  My dad left for the hospital.  My brother was at work and he had pains in his left arm and speech was slurring.  He didn't want to go the hospital though, in fact he went home and put on different clothes before he went.  I don't think he is in immediate danger.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on July 15, 2016, 11:50:27 AM
I have been playing it alot but then it has been to spend time with my five year old. It is kind of fun when you find a new Pokemon but I have never watched the show or anything so I have no idea who they are or anything. Also not sure what it is we are supposed to do with all these silly little creatures now that we have them.

David says we need to train them at a gym. Sounds boring but he seems excited about it.

Why adults play this game I have no idea but then Pokemon did not come out until after I was already an adult so I don't have the nostalgia factor going on.

I tried it yesterday after so much hype everywhere, including a few adult friends posting their catches online.

I found it was... kind of dull? The idea of finding stuff in the real world is kind of neat, but the game in itself is very basic and repetitive, even by mobile game standards.

garbon

It is fueled by 90s kid nostalgia. They will need to actually update it to include more aspects if they want it to remain more than a passing craze.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Is the game a potential safety problem?  What if the monster or whatever it is that people need to collect appear in potentially unsafe places?  Say in the middle of the road, behind a cliff, inside an enclosed area or whatever?  :unsure:

celedhring

You can trigger items from several meters away, you don't need to actually stand in them.

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on July 16, 2016, 03:25:59 AM
Is the game a potential safety problem?  What if the monster or whatever it is that people need to collect appear in potentially unsafe places?  Say in the middle of the road, behind a cliff, inside an enclosed area or whatever?  :unsure:

Then people should use their brains and say not walk on the edge of a crumbling cliff or say walk about in the dead of night in a park (both choices that have already put people in the hospital while playing)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on July 16, 2016, 03:29:34 AM
You can't trigger items from several meters away, you don't need to actually stand in them.

It is actually a bit funky as GPS can be. I can be seen walking all about my neighborhood in the game while just sitting still in my flat.

Josquius

Lisbon drugs count:
10 marijuana, 7 hashish, 4 cocaine.

Haven't took any of it. But the sheer amount of shifty guys coming up to me and offering a handful of brown matter for sale.... it's insane.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Forty-seven years ago today:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadBurgerMaker

Malthus

Removed a hanging wasp nest from a tree branch over the driveway. A very nerve wracking experience. Used the 'bag the nest and drown it in a bucket' method. Managed to avoid being stung.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius