News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on May 10, 2016, 04:24:00 PM
There are some musicians where I really wonder "so just who is their demographic?"
Elton John for instance.
Super big star.
But just who are his fans :hmm:

The answer is "people older than you".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on May 10, 2016, 04:27:31 PM
There are some musicians where I really wonder "so just who is their demographic?"
Elton John for instance.
Super big star.

I know many people older than me but never ran into a fan of his.
He has an unusual place in music. Doesn't really fit into a standard genre
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on May 10, 2016, 04:57:14 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 10, 2016, 04:27:31 PM
Elton John for instance.
Super big star.

I know many people older than me but never ran into a fan of his.
He has an unusual place in music. Doesn't really fit into a standard genre

According to wiki:

QuoteGenres   
Rock piano rock pop rock glam rock soft rock rhythm and blues

Sounds about right.  And those are some pretty specific genres - I would have just said "pop".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

I thought old homos faded away?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Picked up one Powerball ticket.

celedhring

Just came out of Springsteen's concert in Barcelona. He finished the set with a Purple Rain cover. I love this guy.

Also you'll never see so many US flags anywhere in Spain as when he plays here.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 11, 2016, 05:07:49 PM

Raz Pro Tip:  If you pick up Powerball tickets off the ground like that, they are almost never winners.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 14, 2016, 06:07:37 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 11, 2016, 05:07:49 PM

Raz Pro Tip:  If you pick up Powerball tickets off the ground like that, they are almost never winners.

So you're tellin' me there's a chance...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2016, 06:05:16 PM
Keep him plz.

This!

And if he could stop playing Prince songs, thx.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Tyr, I love Elton John's music.  So here's on fan of his right here for you. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Capetan Mihali

My Nakba Day avatar comes down in a few minutes.  Happy 2016, Palestine...

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

LaCroix

my reasoning re: palestine vs. israel -- why would anyone truly want just another middle eastern country vs. a modern, western nation?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.