News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

So you have no idea about the subject but you will still lecture people on it. Have you ever considered a career in academia?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Monoriu

Quote from: The Brain on February 26, 2016, 03:24:17 AM
So you have no idea about the subject but you will still lecture people on it. Have you ever considered a career in academia?

:D

I don't think I am preaching anything novel or out of the ordinary.  Just repeating traditional wisdom :P

Josquius

Just read a list of trump quotes.
In one of them he attacks Obama for being the least transparent us president ever.
Well of course he's the least transparent us president ever. He's the blackest us president ever.
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

Quote from: Tyr on February 26, 2016, 05:30:36 AM
Just read a list of trump quotes.
In one of them he attacks Obama for being the least transparent us president ever.
Well of course he's the least transparent us president ever. He's the blackest us president ever.

Racist scum
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Monoriu on February 26, 2016, 12:54:59 AM
I have explained like a hundred times why I did not stay in Canada.  There are no jobs there.

CC disagrees.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Monoriu

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 26, 2016, 07:36:28 AM
I have explained like a hundred times why I did not stay in Canada.  There are no jobs there.

CC disagrees.

He is a lawyer, he grew up there, and he is a lot smarter than me.  A guy like him can probably succeed anywhere.  I am not CC.  I am just me.  There are no jobs in Canada for me. 

The Brain

Quote from: Monoriu on February 26, 2016, 07:53:14 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 26, 2016, 07:36:28 AM

CC disagrees.

He is a lawyer, he grew up there, and he is a lot smarter than me.  A guy like him can probably succeed anywhere.  I am not CC.  I am just me.  There are no jobs in Canada for me.

:unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I present you the wurst case:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on February 26, 2016, 12:23:17 AM
One thing I learned tonight-- pistachio shells burn well.  I have a fire going and ate a few pistachios this evening.  When I was done I threw the shells in the fire and woosh-- they took off immediately.

And Doritos.  If you ever need something to start a fire when camping, bring a bag of those.  Some to eat while building the fire and some to build the fire.

lustindarkness

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 26, 2016, 09:51:08 AM
Quote from: derspiess on February 26, 2016, 12:23:17 AM
One thing I learned tonight-- pistachio shells burn well.  I have a fire going and ate a few pistachios this evening.  When I was done I threw the shells in the fire and woosh-- they took off immediately.

And Doritos.  If you ever need something to start a fire when camping, bring a bag of those.  Some to eat while building the fire and some to build the fire.

I have heard this before, but always forget to try it.

*takes mental note*
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

Sounds like a Doritos factory must be a pretty dangerous place. :hmm:

Iormlund

Quote from: Valmy on February 25, 2016, 11:05:35 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on February 25, 2016, 10:58:46 PM
And Bill Gates got rich by quitting Harvard and starting his own business.  Sure, we have all heard those stories, and they are true.  But how many of us can become Bill Gates and Michael Dell?  Most people can't become billionaires, but we can get stable office jobs and that's a much more realistic goal.

You know what I didn't need to get a steady office job? Good grades in college.

My highest academic certificate is a high school diploma and I am in the 90 percentile of the population salary-wise. It took me a fucking lot of work and leaving my country for a while, but it's doable.

Also, I would never hire or recommend a buddy of mine unless I have worked with him for a while and know he or she can deliver, no matter how many beers we've enjoyed together (in college or otherwise).

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on February 26, 2016, 02:27:21 PM
Also, I would never hire or recommend a buddy of mine unless I have worked with him for a while and know he or she can deliver, no matter how many beers we've enjoyed together (in college or otherwise).

Right. Don't network with Iorm :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Like I said, I have no idea how to be rich.  I have said many times before, I am a failure.  Just because I want to make money does not mean I succeed in it.  I go into public service because that is the best I can do. 

Here's an idea:  If you don't base your success on how much money you make, you won't be a failure anymore.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017