News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

They look like they might be munchkins.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

It's just the kind of wedding I'd want. No fuss practicality.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on January 10, 2016, 02:54:18 PM
This weekend in Badalona (a Barcelona suburb and Cel's old stomping grounds) a muslim councilwoman married a gay couple, and she seemed to be the happier of the three. Diversity jackpot!

I met her a couple times, and I thought she was great. She's actually deeply religious but in a "I'm nobody to tell other people what to believe" way.

celedhring

Sound financial advice, from Fox News.

Liep

Even from Fox that's unbelievable, surely its a photoshop.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

It is factually correct.  That's not often a feature of Fox News reporting.

Josquius

Wonder what other tips they gave.  Some cool statistics a about 33 popping up 41% more often than 11?
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

I'm having my wisdom teeth pulled on Wednesday. How long until I can sorta speak normally? I have a meeting the following Monday that I would rather not cancel.

DGuller

Quote from: celedhring on January 11, 2016, 01:32:51 PM
I'm having my wisdom teeth pulled on Wednesday. How long until I can sorta speak normally? I have a meeting the following Monday that I would rather not cancel.
All four?

celedhring

Quote from: DGuller on January 11, 2016, 01:38:17 PM
All four?

Two on one side.

DGuller

If it goes like it should, then you'll be fine, though the swelling on the jaw might not completely subside by then.  The horror stories are all from cases where something doesn't quite go as planned.

Maladict

You should be fine within an hour or two afterwards. Assuming it's just pulling and no surgery.

celedhring

There's surgery involved.

DGuller

Should still be fine.  I imagine you really want oral surgeons to do this thing.