News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

He might be in the shed. With the yellow jacket nest.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 23, 2015, 09:42:29 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 23, 2015, 04:10:02 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 17, 2015, 08:53:05 PM
If I felt better, I'd chat about the Peloponnesian War on here.  :hug:

Athens deserved what it got.

What is your reasoning here?

No. What part of "if I felt better, I'd chat" don't you understand?

That part didn't register. Sorry you're still feeling unwell.
Hope you get better soon.  :hug:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: mongers on October 23, 2015, 10:46:23 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 23, 2015, 10:38:39 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on October 23, 2015, 10:14:02 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 23, 2015, 09:45:53 AM
Raz is the Wasp Lord.

Baalzewasp

Have you read God's Demon by Wayne Barlowe?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1144907.God_s_Demon

It's fucking awesome

Spirit ethereal CdM would kick you in the nuts for saying that.  :P

His art is even better, I'll post some when I get home and have acess to a computer.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on October 23, 2015, 09:43:26 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2015, 11:00:16 PM
Raz is in the basement no more.
So where are you now? :hmm:

Upstairs bedroom my brother left trashed.  One of the windows was broken and while I was cleaning it up I discovered there was a bunch of wasp nests in here.  I valiantly slew the wasps and destroyed the nests.  Then I found a guitar in a closet which I'm considering my "epic lute", so it was a lot like a D&D adventure.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Savonarola

Quote from: Razgovory on October 23, 2015, 11:49:51 AM
Quote from: Caliga on October 23, 2015, 09:43:26 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2015, 11:00:16 PM
Raz is in the basement no more.
So where are you now? :hmm:

Upstairs bedroom my brother left trashed.  One of the windows was broken and while I was cleaning it up I discovered there was a bunch of wasp nests in here.  I valiantly slew the wasps and destroyed the nests.  Then I found a guitar in a closet which I'm considering my "epic lute", so it was a lot like a D&D adventure.

But by doing so you lost your humanity and became Lord of the Wasps.  The real enemy was the enemy within.  Lust for power, greed and ambition; those are the real monsters.   :(

garbon

I thought I was mostly over my fear of spiders. I just had the meatiest sucker crawl in under my front door as I was headed towards my bathroom. Though I quickly dispatched it with a wine bottle, I think my pulse is still elevated. :o :x -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Would you dispatch dinner with me and a wine bottle? :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.