News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

That moment of realization that there are 18 year olds posting on the Paradox forums who would have been in kindergarten when I joined the boards there.  :blush: :cry:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on September 30, 2015, 09:43:30 AM
And this is Portsmouth Square these days, part of Chinatown:

:hmm: That doesn't look like Chinatown to me.  That looks like one of the trolley terminals downtown where crazy homeless people harass tourists.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Lots of Chinese looking people and Asian style gate.

Josquius

What is it with elderly Chinese guys that makes them want to go outside where elderly Europeans spend all their time indoors?
Are elderly Chinese women really so bad?
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2015, 04:01:24 PM

:hmm: That doesn't look like Chinatown to me.  That looks like one of the trolley terminals downtown where crazy homeless people harass tourists.

Forget it, Cal. It's Chinatown.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on September 30, 2015, 04:26:12 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2015, 04:01:24 PM

Forget it, Cal. It's Chinatown.

:lmfao:

I honestly did just laugh out loud to this one.  Well done.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

That's the park where all the groups of Chinese old people gather and play checkers. Right next to the hotel with the Chinese cultural center in it (Hilton?).
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 30, 2015, 06:27:29 PM
That's the park where all the groups of Chinese old people gather and play checkers. Right next to the hotel with the Chinese cultural center in it (Hilton?).
:hmm: Isn't that right next to the Transamerica Pyramid?  I didn't think Chinatown ran that far south.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

The Pebble Round looks like the first smartwatch I could actually see myself wearing. Only 7.5mm thick so very unlike those clumsy LG or Apple watches.

$249.99 still seems a lot for a watch though (or maybe I'm spoiled from getting free watches for the last 8 years). :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

"Do it for Denmark. Do it for Mom".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B00grl3K01g

Danish moms want grandchildren. Liep, are you doing your duty?  :P

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on October 01, 2015, 05:31:34 AM
"Do it for Denmark. Do it for Mom".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B00grl3K01g

Danish moms want grandchildren. Liep, are you doing your duty?  :P

:lol:

No, but I am travelling a lot (:perv:).
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Quote from: Liep on October 01, 2015, 03:05:36 AM
The Pebble Round looks like the first smartwatch I could actually see myself wearing. Only 7.5mm thick so very unlike those clumsy LG or Apple watches.

$249.99 still seems a lot for a watch though (or maybe I'm spoiled from getting free watches for the last 8 years). :hmm:
clumsy?
My Apple Watch isn't any bigger than any normal timepiece.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Square, he means Square.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Is this really the 45th school shooting in USA just this year? Holy shit. :(

Zanza

Bored in an airline lounge in Delhi and because it is Mahatma Gandhis birthday, it's a dry day. WTF.  :yucky: