And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Dealing with technology is a pain, even if we are glad to have it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

"If corals get stressed they die." "What do corals even get stressed about?" "Current events."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: Savonarola on August 15, 2015, 02:36:26 PM
I went to Radio Shack today to get some parts: a serial to USB interface, serial port plugs and 24 gauge wire.  I told the clerk what I was looking for he went :huh: and immediately went to the back and wheeled out the old employee that they have to talk to engineers.

Their selection has really deteriorated since bankruptcy; but at least they didn't grill me for information at check out.

thanks for putting this fourm on the FBI watch
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on August 17, 2015, 04:32:44 AM
"If corals get stressed they die." "What do corals even get stressed about?" "Current events."

This is terrible and you are a bad person for posting it.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

Surprisingly the most commentated on news on the tabloids today isn't about immigrants but about milk. A story about lower milk prices ended up in a shouting match between those who worship milk as a delicious nutrient and those who claim it's poisonous.

Ah, Web 2.0. :wub:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

There is no issue innocuous enough that people will not declare it the most important moral question of our age. Who would have thought something like circumcision would be responsible for all of America's faults? Things I learn online.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2015, 07:35:19 AM
There is no issue innocuous enough that people will not declare it the most important moral question of our age. Who would have thought something like circumcision would be responsible for all of America's faults? Things I learn online.

Well dovetails into antisemitism so...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Savonarola on August 15, 2015, 02:36:26 PM
I went to Radio Shack today to get some parts: a serial to USB interface, serial port plugs and 24 gauge wire.  I told the clerk what I was looking for he went :huh: and immediately went to the back and wheeled out the old employee that they have to talk to engineers.

Their selection has really deteriorated since bankruptcy; but at least they didn't grill me for information at check out.

I had the same blank stares there when I was trying to get some simple items to install a car stereo.  They didn't have a guy in the back that knew everything, but eventually I found what I needed.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

Valmy

QuoteOur Lady of Perpetual Exemption will not be able to accept donations from Church supporters from the states of Mississippi, Nevada, Pennsylvania, or South Carolina. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption may choose to wind down and dissolve in the near future. Upon dissolution, any assets belonging to the Church at that time will be distributed to Doctors Without Borders, a non-profit charitable organization that is tax-exempt under § 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (EIN: 13-3433452) and which provides emergency medical aid in places where it is needed most.

I wonder what the deal is with Mississippi, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and South Caroline?

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Jaron

Alright, who wants Mormon points?!?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2015, 10:40:30 AM
QuoteOur Lady of Perpetual Exemption will not be able to accept donations from Church supporters from the states of Mississippi, Nevada, Pennsylvania, or South Carolina. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption may choose to wind down and dissolve in the near future. Upon dissolution, any assets belonging to the Church at that time will be distributed to Doctors Without Borders, a non-profit charitable organization that is tax-exempt under § 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (EIN: 13-3433452) and which provides emergency medical aid in places where it is needed most.

I wonder what the deal is with Mississippi, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and South Caroline?

Different legislation regarding donations or what qualifies as a non-profit church, most probably.