News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 13, 2015, 10:04:13 AM
I really thought he was just taking the piss like 80% of the time he was raging.  Also I just can't imagine not being able to compartmentalize an internet forum from your personal life and letting whatever negativity impact the rest of your life.  I mean, I know that crap happens all the time with teens but most of us seem pretty mature.

I feel like he was translocating negativity about his life onto to Languish (he was one of the moaniest moaners in the last year) and then ultimately determined Languish as a source of unhappiness/negativity.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on August 13, 2015, 07:04:52 AM
It is pretty amazing how many subcontinent types we have in this state now. We have hindu temples all over the place. They are rather strange places to me, people show up and spend a few minutes visiting the shrine and then spend the rest of the day playing basketball and hanging out by the pool. What a great religion.

Shame about that caste system though.

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 13, 2015, 10:23:02 AM
It is pretty amazing how many subcontinent types we have in this state now. We have hindu temples all over the place. They are rather strange places to me, people show up and spend a few minutes visiting the shrine and then spend the rest of the day playing basketball and hanging out by the pool. What a great religion.

Shame about that caste system though.

I did not say there were not problems. The whole system tends to create an indifference to alot of human problems because it is all about paying of spiritual debts that were accumulated in past lives and so forth. It is not that simple of course that religion is complicated as fuck.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

So none of you nerds are going to say anything about the cool meteor shower we had last night? 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on August 13, 2015, 11:46:51 AM
So none of you nerds are going to say anything about the cool meteor shower we had last night?
:hmm: Nah.

lustindarkness

Oh yeah, I saw some meteors this morning :nerd: as we were running, at fucking 0500  :mad:.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on August 13, 2015, 08:53:17 AM
That's why "paganism" is best.
Gotta love "the gods dont give a fuck what you do"ism

That is not how paganism really works.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

There is no one way how "paganism" works.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on August 13, 2015, 11:49:53 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 13, 2015, 11:46:51 AM
:hmm: Nah.

I mean one actually cool, easily observable thing happens and you guys ignore it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 13, 2015, 11:52:34 AM
That is not how paganism really works.

A lot of modern "pagans" observe their religion (or whatever it is) similar to that.  They build it around what they already believe and do.

Valmy

Well all religions start like that Spicey but a couple centuries later those are all serious matters of faith. 'That is not the proper way to handle the sacred tarot cards and healing crystals! SLAY THE HERETIC!'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

The Brain

Which religion actually works? Beyond placebo?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on August 13, 2015, 12:15:47 PM
Which religion actually works? Beyond placebo?

Methodism.  The rest lead straight to Hell.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.