News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2015, 11:14:35 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2015, 09:18:28 AM
I refuse to go to Sea World and places of its ilk because I don't believe Orcas should be imprisoned like that and forced to perform tricks.  :(

Cal you eat animals so therefore you have to be cool with anything else we do with them. Just to be consistent and all.
It's not inconsistent if you draw the line on what to eat and what not to eat on how intelligent they are.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Can anyone tell what you're supposed to do on a mild, foggy, summer night when your windshield keeps fogging up?  I had the defroster set to max cold, still had to keep spritzing the windshield with wiper fluid every 3 minutes.  I figure I must have been doing something wrong.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2015, 04:16:42 PM
Can anyone tell what you're supposed to do on a mild, foggy, summer night when your windshield keeps fogging up?  I had the defroster set to max cold, still had to keep spritzing the windshield with wiper fluid every 3 minutes.  I figure I must have been doing something wrong.

Heat on.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ideologue

Cool. :lol:  I'm going through the 70s disaster movies, and should get to that one soon.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 25, 2015, 06:33:23 AMIt's not inconsistent if you draw the line on what to eat and what not to eat on how intelligent they are.

I may not have been totally serious there Tim.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

http://www.historytoday.com/kate-wiles/25-times-history-made-perfect-clickbait

#historicalclickbait

QuoteWATCH: The East India Company got a nasty surprise from this Boston flash mob. You'll never believe what they did!

QuoteThis lady was told to sit at the back of the bus, but what she did next shocked everyone. Check out that guy's face!

QuoteSchroedinger put a cat in a box. What happened next simultaneously will and will not blow your mind

Quote"Marx out of 10." Europe's top communists rated by the people who know them best.

Quote27 one-hit madrigals that only 1590s kids will remember

Quote12 Times Bismarck's Moustache Was PERFECT During The Austro-Prussian War

QuoteWhich signatory to the death warrant of Charles I are you? Click to take the quiz

:lol:

(Click the link above for MORE at the site, or search for the hashtag on Twitter)
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on July 26, 2015, 10:31:47 AM

We had a similar game for our computer back in the early 80s:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3XiR5tYhFo

Was not made for my demographic at the time :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Sleeping on the moon is hard to do ...

http://www.americaspace.com/?p=84406

QuoteAt other times, both men were awakened from their light slumber by the mild groaning of Antares' systems, the rustling of its paper-thin walls, and the gentle hiss of its life-sustaining machinery. One conversation between them is particularly comical:

"Ed? Did you hear that?" Shepard whispered.

"Hell, yes, I heard that."

"What the hell was that?"

"I don't know."

A few seconds passed. Then:

"Ed?"

"What?"

"Why the hell are we whispering?"

:D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

So my kid started football a couple weeks ago.  Had their first practice in pads last Thursday.  Most of the parents seem bored with practice but so far I'm locked in watching the whole time.  I would sit closer to their part of the field if it wouldn't make me a painfully obvious helicopter parent.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2015, 12:34:16 PM
So my kid started football a couple weeks ago.  Had their first practice in pads last Thursday.  Most of the parents seem bored with practice but so far I'm locked in watching the whole time.  I would sit closer to their part of the field if it wouldn't make me a painfully obvious helicopter parent.
You should be checking out the hot MILFs like all of the other dads are doing. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2015, 12:43:41 PM
You should be checking out the hot MILFs like all of the other dads are doing. :hmm:

Just one of them, and she sits on the other side of the field.  The parents in general are an, ehm, interesting mix of people.

Also I've known that most of the parents have these huge cold beverage mugs filled with who-knows-what.  And some of them like to huddle around some dude's van in the parking lot.