And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2015, 11:14:35 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2015, 09:18:28 AM
I refuse to go to Sea World and places of its ilk because I don't believe Orcas should be imprisoned like that and forced to perform tricks.  :(

Cal you eat animals so therefore you have to be cool with anything else we do with them. Just to be consistent and all.
I've said before I'd try people meat if it was legal so I think therefore I can also eat orca even though I think they are too smart to be enslaved for our entertainment. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2015, 11:33:30 AM
They serve Orca meat at Texas gas stations?  Man don't mess with Texas people  :(

Could be anything in those hot dogs  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2015, 11:34:53 AM
I've said before I'd try people meat if it was legal so I think therefore I can also eat orca even though I think they are too smart to be enslaved for our entertainment. :)

At least they get paid in fish. I went to Sea World last year and man do they go out of their to constantly explain how much they love love the environment and animals the Orcas are happy happy. I kept thinking 'man I wish CdM were here'

Sort of like how I feel when I go to Languish these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

HRliga is right. Orcas should be free.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 24, 2015, 12:10:43 PM

I think people shouldn't fuck with animals at all personally. I hope in the future we not longer eat them or interact with them at all. We close off like 85% of the earth's surface to just wildlife and live in our awesome human habitat zones. All food is artificially made by sophisticated 3-D printers. But that is just my vision.

Grey Fox

I am for the herding of orcas if its for the purpose to feed humans.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2015, 12:10:08 PM
At least they get paid in fish. I went to Sea World last year and man do they go out of their to constantly explain how much they love love the environment and animals the Orcas are happy happy. I kept thinking 'man I wish CdM were here'
Yeah, I'm sure they love developing severe physical disabilities like having their dorsal fins collapse, because the tanks are so constraining that they can't swim normally like they do in the wild. :rolleyes:

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 24, 2015, 12:13:58 PM
Seriously, I don't think we should eat orca meat, because orcas have the ability to eat us yet abstain, unlike sharks (and eating shark meat is ok in my book).  Since they politely don't eat us, it only seems fair to politely not eat orcas.

Josquius

They abstain from eating us?
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

AFAIK only captive orcas have attacked people. :hmm:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2015, 12:17:17 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 24, 2015, 12:13:58 PM
Seriously, I don't think we should eat orca meat, because orcas have the ability to eat us yet abstain, unlike sharks (and eating shark meat is ok in my book).  Since they politely don't eat us, it only seems fair to politely not eat orcas.

:hmm:

It's a valid point.

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2015, 12:12:16 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 24, 2015, 12:10:43 PM

I think people shouldn't fuck with animals at all personally. I hope in the future we not longer eat them or interact with them at all. We close off like 85% of the earth's surface to just wildlife and live in our awesome human habitat zones. All food is artificially made by sophisticated 3-D printers. But that is just my vision.

Our obligation to preserve and create utility in the universe suggests to me that biosphere should be eliminated once we no longer need them.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

I asked a gaggle of highschool dudes down at the supermercado when you were allowed to call shotgun (one had just called shotgun), and they all agreed when you can see the car.

Then as I was driving out I asked if it's when the last person or the first person can see the car, and they fell to squabbling amongst themselves.

Grey Fox

Admiral Yi