News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Someone on the Oregon NAACP disagrees about the requirement of being black.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on July 15, 2015, 09:24:24 AM
A new gem from my oldest sis:

Family reunions must be a lot of fun.

derspiess

The Black Family Reunion?  Yeah, the food is pretty good.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on July 15, 2015, 11:31:50 AM
The Black Family Reunion?  Yeah, the food is pretty good.

What does your post have to do with Tyr having to spend time with his sister?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

The NAACP was founded by an alliance of white and black people. I was not aware you had to be black to be an officer in it. In any case the NAACP is not part of the government so not really relevant to wanting to take the Confederate Flag off government buildings.

Her little 'black people are so privileged!' rants kind of remind me of this:

So she is certainly getting into the spirit of the Confederate Flag.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 15, 2015, 11:19:28 AM

Family reunions must be a lot of fun.

Haven't seen her in almost 30 years, so little danger of that happening.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on July 15, 2015, 01:28:06 PM
Haven't seen her in almost 30 years.

The absence of your moderating influence in her life is apparent.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on July 15, 2015, 09:22:59 AM
Long sentence, but seems grammatically correct.

Not a complete sentence after the semicolon. :nerd:

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 15, 2015, 12:09:12 PM
The NAACP was founded by an alliance of white and black people. I was not aware you had to be black to be an officer in it. In any case the NAACP is not part of the government so not really relevant to wanting to take the Confederate Flag off government buildings.

Her little 'black people are so privileged!' rants kind of remind me of this:

So she is certainly getting into the spirit of the Confederate Flag.

I love the fact that the hard-working, tax-paying "White Man" in that poster is about to chop into his foot with his axe when he splits that log.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on July 15, 2015, 09:24:24 AM
A new gem from my oldest sis:

I don't actually understand what is being stated here.  Judging from the first sentence the author does not have a strong grasp on the difference between government communications and private organizations.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Yeah. I get the statement alone but why the flag with it? Theres a non obvious hidden message
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

I'm guessing it's more about the flag purge in general, including the silly excesses like the Apple Store game ban, revoking the license to manufacture the General Lee toy car, and vandalizing private property where the flag is flown.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 15, 2015, 02:43:33 PM
I'm guessing it's more about the flag purge in general, including the silly excesses like the Apple Store game ban, revoking the license to manufacture the General Lee toy car, and vandalizing private property where the flag is flown.

If we are to purge something, let it be treason.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017