News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Looks like all we have is that woman saying he said creepy stuff.  The other dude seems like a real piece of work, though. 

But even if Jared is exonerated, this will follow him around forever and nobody will want to have anything to do with him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2015, 12:46:29 PM
Looks like all we have is that woman saying he said creepy stuff.  The other dude seems like a real piece of work, though. 

But even if Jared is exonerated, this will follow him around forever and nobody will want to have anything to do with him.

Yeah he was talking about middle school chicks being hot with the woman who had the wire.  Subway ain't touching that. 

e:  Confirmed:

Grey Fox

How old are middle school kids? 12?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Yeah 12-13 generally.

And wow this happened at Penn State? What is up with that place?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Ah, the Siegebreaker syndrome.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on July 10, 2015, 01:08:44 PM
And wow this happened at Penn State? What is up with that place?

No, just a photo of him in his pedo clothes. :P  Dude lives in Indiana.

Admiral Yi

Just booked a flight on Allegiant Air to visit my foster sister with my mom in the City of the Angels.  These guys are nuts with the nickels and dimes.  $36 for a carryon, $50 for a checked bag (both of these cost more if done at the airport).  $17 extra per leg for a window seat, $17 for an aisle.  I checked a middle seat for funsies, and it's $13 extra.  :lol:

I guess there is one seat in the back row, the one that doesn't lean back, which doesn't have a surcharge.

$30.06 if you use a credit card.

Josquius

17 extra per leg? You actually can just buy one legs worth?

With most low cost airlines I've encountered you can opt not to pick a seat and they give you a random one. Not possible there?
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

The airline industry, as a whole, seems like it's trying its best to portray the idea that capitalism is evil and should be throttled.

Though the passengers are often blame-worthy as well.

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 10, 2015, 06:41:27 PM

You mean the passengers who are always seeking the cheapest deals?!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on July 10, 2015, 06:34:46 PM

With most low cost airlines I've encountered you can opt not to pick a seat and they give you a random one. Not possible there?

Each leg of the voyage.  I.e. Iowa to LA is one leg, LA to Iowa is one leg.

Not sure you can beat the surcharge by not choosing.  Also the whole point of the trip for me (well, 90%--I like my foster sister and I want to eyeball her hott Canadian daughter in law) is to help my mom travel, so separate seats wouldn't work.

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2015, 07:36:17 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on July 10, 2015, 06:41:27 PM

You mean the passengers who are always seeking the cheapest deals?!

Yes.  :sleep:

But on the serious note, I think the airline's quest to squeeze as many seats into a plane has pretty well already reached the point of being a health/welfare issue that is provoking a need a for regulation.

The free-market criticism is that airline consumers' quest for the cheapest deal shows that while they will complain and bitch about cramped seats...they actually don't really care that much (the mitigating argument being that they feel they have to fly to meet their business/personal needs, think they are powerless to change seat sizes anyway, and might as well save as much as possible).

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

I haven't flown on them, but have heard good things.

Alaska is ok. 

I loved the times I flew on Frontier many years ago, but it appears they've gone to the Dark Side these days (after being sold out).

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on July 10, 2015, 06:34:46 PM

They also have rates if you are missing one or both arms.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017