Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

My grandpa looked just like Helmut Kohl.  RIP grandpa :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on June 02, 2015, 01:09:35 PM
My grandpa looked just like Helmut Kohl.  RIP grandpa :(

Mine looked like Julio Gallo.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

The wine dude?  No clue what he looks like. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

My other grandpa looked like a white version of Chairman Mao later in life.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Fat face, lots of moles?

derspiess

Actually it was just his profile.  And the hair to some extent.

I guess he really didn't look that much like him.

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on June 02, 2015, 01:58:22 PM
Actually it was just his profile.  And the hair to some extent.

I guess he really didn't look that much like him.

It was his imposition of a local "cultural revolution" that provided the resemblance?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

It was probably his revolutionary grilling techniques.

The Larch

A 6 yo kid has been diagnosed with Diphteria in a village in Catalonia because his parents are some kind of retarded new age nuts who are against vaccines. This is the first case since 1987. I hope that social services take the custody of the kid, in case he survives.

Syt

I see McD now has an app that lets you order/pay your meal from their restaurant, so that you only have to pick it up.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

I think Taco Bell and Chipotle have a similar app.  I don't trust them to not screw up my order somehow via the app. 

I'd prefer to order from a touchscreen kiosk at the place itself.  Ironically, a gas station chain (Sheetz) has about the perfect system IMO at their MTO locations.  Food is surprisingly good as well.

celedhring

We've just had the first case of diphtheria in nearly 30 years in Spain, thanks to some idiot vaccine-deniers that didn't vaccinate their kid. The 6 year old is seriously ill at the moment and the hospital had to fly in medication from Russia, since we didn't have any of it in all of Western Europe, since this illness is - you know - eradicated in practice.

Zanza

Merkel welcomed Egypt's dictator Sisi today in Berlin, his first state visit to a Western nation.

In totally unrelated news, Siemens got the biggest order in its 160 year history today. For 3 gas power plants in Egypt.

The Larch

Yes, yes, completely unrelated. :shifty: