News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Don't, you'll rarely use it and it really is a health trap if you don't keep it clean.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Quote from: Liep on May 12, 2015, 04:17:04 PM
Don't, you'll rarely use it and it really is a health trap if you don't keep it clean.

This.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

The Comfort Inn?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2015, 04:20:00 PM

The Comfort Inn?

Does that say inn? I thought it was a spa pool store.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

The Comfort Inn?

Yeah, that works as well.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Liep on May 12, 2015, 04:22:32 PM

The Comfort Inn?

Does that say inn? I thought it was a spa pool store.
Comfort Inn & Suites, baby! :punk:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

MadImmortalMan

I thought the whole jet pack thing had a cloud of patent squabble over it. It's been around for a long time, but had legal issues.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

I thought it was largely because there is little practical purpose for jet packs as they currently have been created by various folks.

Syt

For Life Ball/Song Contest ca. 120 hundred traffic lights in Vienna have same sex pictograms for the pedestrians, e.g.:

The FPÖ is pressing criminal charges, because they think the lights are not compliant with traffic law. Also, they say the cost of €69,000 is a waste of tax payer money (considering that international media have reported on this, I'd argue that the advertising effect makes up for it).

EDIT: the symbols, which will remain up till June:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Fat chicks in the signals.  :yuk:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on May 13, 2015, 05:37:49 AM
For Life Ball/Song Contest ca. 120 hundred traffic lights in Vienna have same sex pictograms for the pedestrians, e.g.:

The FPÖ is pressing criminal charges, because they think the lights are not compliant with traffic law. Also, they say the cost of €69,000 is a waste of tax payer money (considering that international media have reported on this, I'd argue that the advertising effect makes up for it).

EDIT: the symbols, which will remain up till June:

70k euros to troll Russia=worth it
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Lettow77

Despite my misgivings with the mechanics involved, another key step has been taken in my long-reaching dynastic plan to achieve Southern independence. Absent the vagaries of illness, the first of my progeny should be forthcoming.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

Congrats Lettow! We shall retire to the sitting room for cigars and brandy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."