News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 22, 2015, 11:26:52 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2015, 09:36:58 PMHe called the police and they told him they would pick the stuff up tomorrow.  They never did.  He called them back, and they told him they made some arrests then released the guy who lost his phone and wallet and said he'd just drop by and pick it up.  I'm not making this up.  My brother hurriedly drove over the police station to drop off the evidence.

Holy hell that's messed up.

I found out who the guy is.  For some reason he has three concurrent paroles going on.  And they just let him go.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

In Missouri, he must be white.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on April 22, 2015, 11:57:42 PM
In Missouri, he must be white.

Oh he is.  His name first name is "Famous" and his "middle name is "Lee".  Presumably his parents were eating at Lee's Famous chicken when they decided what to name the boy.  I could gut him, like a fish, but I was told that wasn't a helpful line of thought.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I am going to take a long weekend in June.
A bit too soon after another long weekend for it to be a  full holiday but the town will be dead then so I want to get out.
My choices are:

Athens
Copenhagen
Budapest
Berlin
Belgrade
Pristina

:hmm:
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

Go to Vienna. But bring cash because the museums are expensive.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

Vienna is nice, my cousin is living there at the moment too. But I've already been, I want to get moving on my 12 new countries in 2015 challenge.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Copenhagen was nice, 12 years ago. :P

I like the Arsenal there, they had a great collection of firearms, from early gunpowder weapons to modern sniper and assault rifles.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Fuck. I'm sorry Raz, hope your brother is OK.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on April 23, 2015, 03:05:59 AM
I am going to take a long weekend in June.
A bit too soon after another long weekend for it to be a  full holiday but the town will be dead then so I want to get out.
My choices are:

Athens
Copenhagen
Budapest
Berlin
Belgrade
Pristina

:hmm:

I vote Pristina because I've never heard of anyone going to Kosovo for a vacation before.

I've heard negatives about Athens, but positives about the others (yes even Belgrade).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

I really like Berlin.  Something for everyone there.

Zanza

Pristina and Berlin seem to be very different possible travel destinations. What can you do/see in Pristina?  :hmm:

Josquius

No idea. Its just somewhere easy jet flies from here and it's a country I've never been to.
Surely they must have some old buildings
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on April 23, 2015, 03:14:05 PM
No idea. Its just somewhere easy jet flies from here and it's a country I've never been to.
Surely they must have some old buildings

http://wikitravel.org/en/Pristina

Look, there's no getting around it - it's a very poor, not long ago war-torn country.  But yeah, I could totally see spending a weekend there.  Hang out and people watch, check out the couple of museums, have local girls fall all over you.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Brits are also loved in Pristina (also Albania).
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Speaking of which what is the current situation in Albania? It seems totally blank on my mental map.

By the way, Balkans allegedly have a lot of hot guys, girls not so much.