Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2015, 12:25:44 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2015, 09:16:56 AM
Yeah, it's buzzfeed, but actually a funny/cool story:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/how-i-became-a-minor-celebrity-in-china-after-my#.dlXzAql10

TLDR: BuzzFeed guy has his iPhone stolen in NYC. Pictures of a Chinese dude with an orange tree start showing up in his Instagram account. He writes a BuzzFeed story about it. The thing goes viral in China, and people start looking for "Uncle Orange." They finally find him, and the two get in touch. The BuzzFeed guy is now in China, welcomed like a celebrity, to visit Uncle Orange and hang out with him.

Yeah, I've been following that as it was happening. :blush:

That Buzzfeed guy is also the one person most likely to put together "articles" full of pictures of hot men. :blush: :blush:

Now fuller story. So crazy!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/i-followed-my-stolen-iphone-across-the-world-became-a-celebr#.lmyEo69r2

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Josquius

The story progresses. Nice
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2015, 05:12:35 PM
I have gaydar lock.

How can you tell a gay hipster from a straight one?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 02, 2015, 08:26:31 PM
How can you tell a gay hipster from a straight one?  :hmm:

Contrapunto  :nerd:

Admiral Yi

garbon

Didn't I note that he is confirmed in being gay? :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Martinus

Admiral Yi

No straight hipster has the panache to pull off a bowl cut.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Sheilbh

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 02, 2015, 02:39:43 AM
It's strange that we're coming full-circle to where it's actually cheaper to hire a Mary Poppins than use a day care.
Mews houses were converted from stables into very desirable little houses in the nicer bits of London. Now many are being converted back into accommodation for the big house's servants :bleeding:

QuoteA wooden shack where women could get manicure and pedicure. In a sense it's kinda awesome.
It is. It reminds me of the story of one of the concentration camps liberated by British troops. There was an appeal for people to send whatever they could to help clothe and feed the inmates. Someone, some genius, sent a box of lipstick. Apparently it was hugely popular with the female survivors and someone, I think a journalist or a soldier, said it was almost as if you could see the women starting to feel human again.

Quote"The Rousseauian Day Care: we keep your children safe from being corrupted by institutions"
:o :w00t:

Also love the Brother Orange story. Insane :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall