News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2015, 08:00:38 PM
I've been thinking of using a service like NetJet. I just can't stand the cattle lines anymore at the airport.
Get Precheck and breeze right by the unwashed masses. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 14, 2015, 08:10:58 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2015, 08:00:38 PM
I've been thinking of using a service like NetJet. I just can't stand the cattle lines anymore at the airport.
Get Precheck and breeze right by the unwashed masses. :)

I got to use a friend's Learjet to fly to Toronto a few years back and I got spoiled.  :blush:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tyr on March 14, 2015, 05:32:05 AM
I should, despite my wonky knee that I now know the doctors haven't got a clue about.

This is always fun.  Last time I talked to some docs about my knee, one said "Your ACL might not be intact!" and the other just had no opinion at all. 

Thanks, guys.

mongers

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 14, 2015, 09:09:37 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 14, 2015, 05:32:05 AM
I should, despite my wonky knee that I now know the doctors haven't got a clue about.

This is always fun.  Last time I talked to some docs about my knee, one said "Your ACL might not be intact!" and the other just had no opinion at all. 

Thanks, guys.

I had issues with one of my knees, 'gritty bits' moving around in it, stiffness and odd creaks; turns out a few 10,000s miles of cycling sorted all of that out.  :)

edit:

For balance I should say, I just have loud clicks when I move up and down or stretch my knees, I think it's just the tendon snapping around the joints.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on March 14, 2015, 07:49:37 PMIf enough people wrinkle their noses, the market for damaging activities will dry up and even those who will still wish to participate in that market will become ashamed.

Admiral Yi and garbon wringing hands over carbon footprints, and now you are advocating private action in the free market over state intervention.

So many of my assumptions are getting demolished in this thread.

Ed Anger

I advocate rounding up people and putting them in camps for liking Kale.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2015, 09:51:24 PM

What is your view on Quinoa?

CountDeMoney

Ed's not a fan of anything that isn't listed as "Beef Byproduct".  BY HORMEL

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 14, 2015, 09:54:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2015, 09:51:24 PM

What is your view on Quinoa?

It's awful.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2015, 09:59:09 PM
Ed's not a fan of anything that isn't listed as "Beef Byproduct".  BY HORMEL

Or 'mechanically separated'

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2015, 09:14:33 PM
I had issues with one of my knees, 'gritty bits' moving around in it, stiffness and odd creaks; turns out a few 10,000s miles of cycling sorted all of that out.  :)

edit:

For balance I should say, I just have loud clicks when I move up and down or stretch my knees, I think it's just the tendon snapping around the joints.

Every time I try to ride a bike for any sort of distance, that knee gets all shitty (swelling, stiffness, sore, etc).  Something about the motion I guess.  Seems like running would be worse, with the impact and all, but that just makes it hurt and nothing else. vOv 

CountDeMoney

For some reason, I've been receiving a subscription of Architectural Digest since the beginning of the year.  Which I find not only mystifying as I have no reason why I'm receiving it, but I also find it incredibly insulting.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2015, 11:39:47 PM
For some reason, I've been receiving a subscription of Architectural Digest since the beginning of the year.  Which I find not only mystifying as I have no reason why I'm receiving it, but I also find it incredibly insulting.
It's addressed to you by name?

They sent you a bill?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.