News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

All I see is a row of grumpy old German men.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 13, 2015, 08:04:57 AM
All I see is a row of grumpy old German men.

What so old scowling Germans all look the same?

Man the poor FDP.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

My Scottish boss didn't know the word "caveat". :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

At first I was like, Hey, Patton Oswalt is so popular in Europe, and then I realized it was just Merkel.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2015, 08:08:45 AM

Maybe you need to say it again with a Scottish accent.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on March 13, 2015, 07:10:49 AM
The leader of Germany's second-biggest party, Sigmar Gabriel of the Social Democrats, who also happens to be Merkel's vice chancellor, has basically already conceded the 2017 Federal Election. So we'll likely get four more years of Merkel. Politics in Germany is ridiculously boring.

Somebody should do a song 'Everything is Boring' about German and do it along the lines of the Lego Movie theme 'Everything is Awesome'. I think it could work and the sentiment is the same.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Did you show him how to tie it?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on March 13, 2015, 07:10:49 AM
The leader of Germany's second-biggest party, Sigmar Gabriel of the Social Democrats, who also happens to be Merkel's vice chancellor, has basically already conceded the 2017 Federal Election. So we'll likely get four more years of Merkel. Politics in Germany is ridiculously boring.

Why? A byproduct of the grand coalition? Being realistic and/or unambitious?

derspiess

This week I had a co-worker who gave a presentation where "beta" (as in beta testing) was repeatedly misspelled as "bata".
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

People who use bona fide as not only one word, but a plural one at that, need to go to the same concentration camp as those who mix up "i.e." with "e.g."

"This application has fantastic bonafides!"
"Well, that's just super.  And complete gibberish."

Admiral Yi

I've seen bona fides used in the plural to talk about documents or references that vouch for your character.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 13, 2015, 09:31:45 AM
People who use bona fide as not only one word, but a plural one at that, need to go to the same concentration camp as those who mix up "i.e." with "e.g."

"This application has fantastic bonafides!"
"Well, that's just super.  And complete gibberish."

I get all passive aggressive when people use ie instead of eg, and just go with the (normally ridiculous) results.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 13, 2015, 09:38:33 AM
I've seen bona fides used in the plural to talk about documents or references that vouch for your character.

That's just awesome.